Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

• boot disk went south

macom - - General

If you do not have a recent backup of your OS drive, I would do a fresh install. Disconnect the data drives and then do the installation to a new drive. Shut down the server, connect the data drives and boot. Your drives should be detected and mounted. Which filesystem are you using on the data drives? ext4? edit: OMV3 is end of life; current version is OMV4

• URBackup Server NEWBIE

macom - - Plugins

Quote from MickBurke: “when I reinstalled OMV to it, it again created a 6g partition. and left the rest unusuable ” Is there a swap partition on the rest? If not you can simply resize the partion e.g. by using gparted.

• Actually I do use Windows 10. @13ca350: tkaisers point is: try \\RASBERRYPI.local to access the samba share on the server I can actually confirm this. I have my HC2 visible in the file explorer, but I cannot access it by double click. But when I enter the name in the adress bar, I can access the share.

• Check out this thread: [HOW-TO] Connect to OMV SMB shares with Windows 10 Clients and Servers

• The options are explained on the btrfs man page. The command to start a scrub job looks like this btrfs scrub start /srv/dev-disk-by-label.... You need to adjust the path (/srv/dev-disk-by....) according to your system. This is a good and short description. thegeekdiary.com/how-to-use-bt…ng-on-btrfs-file-systems/

• Quote from mcgyver83: “Now it's a bit hard do make it smaller ” You can insert the card in a laptop or PC, boot a Linux live distro with gparted and shrink the partition.

• Quote from mcgyver83: “I cannot find mmcblk0p2 in the devices list of "Add Shared Folder" window. ” That is your root filesystem. You cannot create shared folders there (strange that it is marked as referenced). If you have space left you can create a third partition on the SD card. Check the note at the download side.

• Ignore existing files..

macom - - RSync

Quote from KM0201: “then it is enabled by default.. ” Yes, it is enabled by default. I have not tested if disabling always shows this behavior, but I remember one case where it did.

• Deutscher Bereich

macom - - Off-Topic

Viele der Nutzer von OMV und auch von diesem Forum kommen aus dem Ausland (aus deutscher Sicht gesehen ). Ich denke da macht es Sinn, eine Sprache zu benutzen, die möglichst viele sprechen/schreiben und die auch noch gut von google-translate unterstützt wird. Es hat jeder die Möglichkeit, in der Sprache zu schreiben, die er bevorzugt. Es ist aber nunmal so, dass man auf englische Beiträge ehr eine hilfreiche Antwort bekommt, weil einfach aufgrund der größeren Anzahl von Lesern die Wahrscheinlich…

• Ignore existing files..

macom - - RSync

Quote from flyinjoe13: “So if I understand you correctly, I don't have to worry about adding that extra option. ” AFAIK it is important to enable the archive option. Part of it is to preserve modification times. If not set you might end up rsyncing all files all the time.

• IPV4 Address

macom - - Network

try omv-firstaid from CLI an use option 1 "configure network interface"

• URBackup Server NEWBIE

macom - - Plugins

The database is in /var/urbackup. If you have not enough space for this on the root filesystem or if you are using a thumb drive or SD card you can move the /var/urbackup directory somewhere else and then bind mount or symlink it (ln -s /media/foo/urbackup /var/urbackup) Please note: the database contains just the meta data. The files which are actually backed up are in the path for the backup storage.

• URBackup Server NEWBIE

macom - - Plugins

There is almost nothing OMV specific. In the GUI of urbackup go to settings. In |general|server| you can specify the path for the backup storage. Should be something like /srv/dev-disk-by-label-yyyy/backup urbackup.org/administration_manual.html

• A lot of questions about OMV

macom - - General

Quote from flyinjoe13: “Go to Youtube and look up and follow all of Techno Dad's OMV videos. ” There is also a nice overview in this forum Installation and Setup Videos - Beginning, Intermediate and Advanced

• Quote from Nefertiti: “Me too I just want to use it for pihole ” If you want to use your RPi only for pihole, why not install pihole directly without docker? github.com/pi-hole/pi-hole/#one-step-automated-install If you want to use pihole parallel to OMV you just have to change the port for either pihole or OMV as both are using port 80 by default.

• URBackup Server NEWBIE

macom - - Plugins

Did you get any error messages during install? Do you see UrBackup listed in the processes (diagnostics | system information | processes) UrBackup should be available when you enter this in the address bar of your browser ip.of.your.nas:55414 for example 192.168.0.1:55414 Try restart of the server.

• Quote from Palladium: “That seems to be the best way. I am going to do some research on how to do that. ” This (mainly the links at the bottom) might be helpful. Encrypted Backup

• Issues with WD 8TB Red HD

macom - - General

Even if you wiped the drives, there might be some signatures left on them. What is the output of wipefs -n /dev/sd? exchange ? according to your actual drives.

• Disable hdparm with hdparm -B255 /dev/sda just to be sure. To set hd-idle to 90 min should be HD_IDLE_OPTS="-i 5400 -l /var/log/hd-idle.log" but should not matter on the HC2 as the firmwares should take care of the spindown.

• Help with WOL command

macom - - Network

Quote from ALX1S: “it was working before with previos firmware anyway ” Which firmware upgrade? Could this be the reason why it is not working any more?