Asrock B85M-ITX - Wake on Lan Probleme

• Hi,
    ich habe ein AS Rock B85M-ITX Mainboard. Ich habe die Autoshutfunktion wie folgt konfiguriert. Das funktioniert auch super

Leider bekomme ich den Server per WOL nicht mehr hoch.

Laut AS Rock soll das B85M-ITX aber WOL können. Im Bios ist "PCI Devices Power On" enabled. "Deep sleep" ist disabled

Wenn mein Server heruntergefahren ist, dann sind beide NIC LED aus!

Hier noch meine Netzwerkconfig:

Code
    root@openmediavault:/opt# ethtool -i eth1
    driver: alx
    version:
    firmware-version:
    bus-info: 0000:02:00.0
    supports-statistics: yes
    supports-test: no
    supports-eeprom-access: no
    supports-register-dump: no
    supports-priv-flags: no

Eine Idee?

• Offizieller Beitrag

If you're using that nic with that chipset ar8171 I am guessing you're using also the backports kernel. The kernel module for that nic has WOL disabled by the Linux driver mantainer for that manufacturer, they have a problem with WOL causing the machines to reboot instead of shutdown. Similar problem they have some Realtek cards.
    I can confirm you tomorrow since I get confused with the chipset numbers. But I am pretty sure, in fact there is a thread from another person asking how to revert that patch.

• Hello,
    yes my mainboard have the ar8171 chipset and I have installed backports kernel 3.16.
    If WOL is disabled in kernel module is there any workaround? For instance using another ethernet card?

If so, could you recommend a ethernet card?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!