How can you silence the hourly Cron email from Rsnapshot

• I have tried adding the long argument --quiet to the options in rsnapshot but this hasn't silenced the hourly snapshot cron emails. Is there any options i'm missing to choose when to receive these reports.

Thanks

M Chappell (OMV noob, Coming from FreeNas)

• Offizieller Beitrag

What version are you using? I thought I fixed that in the latest version.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

OMV 2.1.13 64Bit - Rsnapshot 1.0.11 - Kernel 3.2.0-4-amd64

Create a new job and then delete it. The config files probably just need to be rewritten and updating the plugin doesn't do that.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• Creating then applying and deleting a new job didn't stop the cron output even though none are errors. I have just disabled notifications for now though this isn't ideal as I would like to keep seeing which updates are available.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Can you post the output of: cat /var/lib/openmediavault/cron.d/rsnapshot

• Offizieller Beitrag

I guess I didn't read your first post very well. It is doing exactly what it is supposed to. I guess I need to add a checkbox to enable/disable email output. Let me look into that.

• Offizieller Beitrag

That would need a change in core OMV.

• I'm getting a ton of non-error cron notifications every day. Definitely add my vote to that, please can you see if it's possible to prevent it sending if the jobs finished cleanly? Hard to make use of notifications if the errors are buried in a ton of similar emails that don't need any action.

• I messed with many things to prevent the emails. People starting thinking I had a mistress named "Cron Daemon" considering I got emails from "her" 8 times a day.

The rsnapshot configuration file is rsnapshot.conf located in directory /etc/ will contain the following lines plus many others.

# Verbose level, 1 through 5.
    # 1 Quiet Print fatal errors only
    # 2 Default Print errors and warnings only
    # 3 Verbose Show equivalent shell commands being executed
    # 4 Extra Verbose Show extra verbose information
    # 5 Debug mode Everything
    #
    verbose 2

For me the default was set to verbose 3 which prints everything from the shell commands. This is picked up by cron and sent by email to me. Setting this to 2 fixed the issue and now I only get errors.

I also messed with other things but this is the last thing I changed before the infernal emails stopped. I had to make custom rsnapshot calls not using the rsnapshot plugin so this might not work for you, but I hope it helps.

'Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while'

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!