One USB dongle solution you might want to try

• I was having thouble getting my USB dongel to work on my Odroid c1 OMV server. So I spent the better part of 2H trying to get it to work with USB_modeswitch etc. with no luck. I started thinking that the dongle worked fine on the previous Lubuntu install. Then I remembered one command from when I installed ubuntu server on another PC, which was "sudo ifconfig eth0 up", I simply switched eth0 to usb0 ->

Code
    sudo ifconfig usb0 up

and then

Code
    sudo dhclient usb0

, voila!

To find out the network interface name I connected my Odroid to an ethernet connection and logged onto the server remotely and went to system -> network -> interfaces.

I'm posting this thread for anyone struggling with the same problem and I recommend try this before you attempt other solutions. :)

Hope this helps somebody!

• May I ask why you use a USB dongle?

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Where I live I can only get an 1/1, 8/1 or 24/1 ADSL connection, with 4G I get real speeds of 45-90/30-45. Considering my upload has never gone below 30. Even if I had all possible land options in my area, the best one for a consumer is 200/10. Considering I pay 17€/month for my 4G, in other words it is the best and cheapest option. Unless your a company you have additional options.

Considering I move alot, I have a semi-mobile NAS solution.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!