Duplicate sources.list entry

• Hello, I'm seeing a warning message in the Syslog about duplicate sources.list entry:
    http://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian/ wheezy/main amd64 Packages (/var/lib/apt/lists/ftp.uk.debian.org_debian_dists_wheezy_main_binary-amd64_Packages)

I'm currently seeing this message in OMV 2.1 but I did see it previously in OMV 1.18

Can someone please tell me how to remove this warning message?

Thanks

• Offizieller Beitrag

If you have omv-extras installed, try: omv-mkconf omvextrasorg aptclean
    Post your sources.list: cat /etc/apt/sources.list

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Thanks Ryecoaaron, I ran the omv-mkconf omvextrasorg aptclean command but I still see the warning message.

There is the sources.list

• Offizieller Beitrag

You have too many repos in your sources. Read this to fix them.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Thanks ryecoaaron, I followed the instructions and my sources.list now just has the 3 entries.
    However, I now have a more serious issue as I can't get into OMV. Known of the OMV commands are recognised.
    I see some error messages at boot time but I can't find them when I do a dmesg.
    I think I must have done something seriously wrong. Do you think that I need (somehow) to re-install OMV?
    Should I start a new thread for this issue?

Many thanks

• Offizieller Beitrag

What is the output of:

cat /etc/apt/sources.list
    dpkg -l | grep openmediavault

• cat /etc/apt/sources.list

Code
    deb http://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian stable main contrib non-free

deb http://ftp.debian.org/debian/ wheezy-updates main contrib non-free

deb http://security.debian.org/ wheezy/updates main contrib non-free

dpkg -l | grep openmediavault

Code
    rc  openmediavault                 2.1                           all          Open network attached storage solution
    rc  openmediavault-extplorer       1.1                           all          OpenMediaVault eXtplorer plugin
    ii  openmediavault-keyring         0.3                           all          GnuPG archive keys of the OpenMediaVault archive
    rc  openmediavault-minidlna        1.0.11                        all          OpenMediaVault miniDLNA (DLNA server) plugin
    rc  openmediavault-omvextrasorg    1.29                          all          OMV-Extras.org Package Repositories for OpenMediaVault
    pc  openmediavault-owncloud        1.1.3                         all          OpenMediaVault ownCloud plugin
    [/font]

I don't use ownCloud now.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Try:

apt-get update
    apt-get install openmediavault

• It appears I have some some unmet dependencies and broken packages.

• Offizieller Beitrag

What is the output of: cat /etc/debian_version

If the output is 8.0 or greater, your system upgraded to Jessie. No way to fix except reinstall.

• Yikes!! It is 8.1, so somehow I selected it, but I don't understand how I did.

Thank you for you support ryecoaaron, I really appreciate it.

So what is the best way to reinstall and preserve the data that I already have on the media disks?

Many thanks

• I'm having a problem here. I've burnt the OMV 2.1 code onto a USB stick. This is how I installed OMV originally. However, this time the installation process it is trying to detect (and not finding) common CD-ROM drivers. I don't have a CD drive on my system so I'm wondering how to overcome the issue. I can't progress with the installation until I overcome the issue with CD-ROM drivers.

I did see a forum post with the same issue as me (for an earlier release) but it appears to be connected with an issue for a USB keyboard. My USB keyboard works okay.

Any clues/comments?

Many thanks

• hmm, as the saying goes, if at first you do not succeed ... well I tried a different route this time and pressed F12 to choose my boot preference and it worked! OMV 2.1 is installed running on Debian 7.8.
    I did some messages about array setup but it didn't stop the installation.

Anyway thanks to ryecoaaron and Wastlj for your help.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!