Impossible graphics with my config?

• After following this thread: Kodi (formerly XBMC) for OMV

It was smothly but when I have to try... I was sure graphics were not going to work at first try but after try lot of things I think that is impossible to make graphics works with this kernel and my hardware.
    MOBO: B85M-ITX (Asrock)
    CPU: G3220 Intel
    Graphics integrated.

I tried everything. I have omv 2.1 whit kernel backports 3.16

Afterall it seems like I will have to choose between NAS and HTPC

• If there was someway to make my intel graphics work it would be great but i dont think so.
    I have a Pi but when I tried kodi it was a bit slow, and now my new hardware would be waste just for NAS.

• I have just installed ubuntu server on another disk, I installed kodi and xorg server and it works.
    I'm surprissed because its ubuntu 14.04 and I can see it's build over linux 3.16 so, this makes me think that debian could also works with my graphics, why not?
    But I don't know how.

Ubuntu server it's just an ubuntu without desktop and other apps, I would preffer to have omv, ubuntu has no nas plugins or functions.
    I will keeping searching to see if I found some info about the problem.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Ubuntu Server 14.04 has much newer libraries to go with the 3.16 kernel.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I suspossed that but then it could be possible with newer drivers or recompiling the core.

Yesterday I installed xorg version from jessie and when I tires to run xinit I didn't get any errors but I didn't start.
    With wheezy repository xorg I got, DeviceID 0X401 not found or something similar.

Is omv 3.0 been built over debian jessie? Can ppl donwload it to try it? Thx!

• Offizieller Beitrag

OMV 2 was released a week ago. There is no OMV 3.0 yet but it will be based on jessie.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Sorry, I just ask because I see the option on the forum to open threads about 3.0
    I will be trying a few days if I get it working, but I doesnt have much hope.
    If not it should be enought with Plex.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Options to open threads about 3.0 probably are just planning ahead. There probably won't be a downloadable copy for many months.

• Ok, I installed debian 7.8 and I could use graphics, no best resolution but I guess after install backports or linux-firmware-nonfree I will have different resolutions.
    I tested omv and it worked perfect over the debian installation

Tomorrow I wil try a fresh install because I was getting crazy with so many systems, grub, etc. It's a mesh. And you have to add the problem with the nic, so yes, I have too many problems to make a simple install lol.
    After all I think there is hope for my config.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!