Updated 1.9 to 2.1 no webgui after login

• I tried to do an update via CLI(as there were no updates available with the WebGui) which initially I thought was working but when I login to the webgui I end up with a blank white page.Tried a few different browsers with same issue, tried OMV 1st Aid to reset WebGui but again same result.System is currently running fine in the background, Sabnzb, Sickbeard, Couchpotato, phpVirutualbox(VM=Win7) and network shares are all functioning fine.Any help would be greatly appreciated.Kind Regards,Paul

• Same problem here :) i started a thread in german
    a few hours ago , because my english is not so good.

NAS: Intel Celeron G1840 2x 2.80GHz 300 Watt be quiet! Pure Power L8 ASRock H97 Anniversary Intel H97 4GB (2x 2048MB) Corsair ValueSelect DDR3-1333 DIMM CL9-9-9-24 64GB SanDisk Solid State Disk (OMV Sys.platte)

• Offizieller Beitrag

Try:
    omv-mkconf omvextrasorg aptclean
    then clear your browser cache or try incognito mode.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Try:
    <code class="inlineCode">omv-mkconf omvextrasorg aptclean</code>
    then clear your browser cache or try incognito mode.

You are my hero now my WebGui works, i send u a kiss ;)

Greets
    Callisto

NAS: Intel Celeron G1840 2x 2.80GHz 300 Watt be quiet! Pure Power L8 ASRock H97 Anniversary Intel H97 4GB (2x 2048MB) Corsair ValueSelect DDR3-1333 DIMM CL9-9-9-24 64GB SanDisk Solid State Disk (OMV Sys.platte)

• FYI, this did not work for me. I would still get a white page in Firefox. Chromium would mostly work, but kind of hang sometimes and need to be refreshed. And even then sometimes the change I made would reflect, sometimes not.

Anyway, I looked at the page source for the blank white page I was getting and saw a function that attempts to use LocalStorage instead of Cookies. I remembered that I don't like LocalStorage and disabled it. Going into about:config and searching for "dom.storage.enabled" and making sure it was "True", then refreshing my OMV WebUI and it all works fine now it seams.

I still don't like LocalStorage, but maybe I'll keep a beater browser in a separate folder just for OMV WebUI if it insists on using it.

• Offizieller Beitrag

fixed my issue maybe this to be added in the upgrade guide

Honestly, just about any time you have a problem with the webUI (especially after an upgrade).. the first thing you should do is open your browser in Incognito/Privacy mode, and try your webUI from there. A vast majority of the time, it's just an issue of the cache needing to be cleared after the upgrade. If it works, then you know simply clearing your cache will solve the issue.

I've yet to have a behavior like you're describing, that just a simple clearing of my browser cache didn't solve.

Glad you've got things going in the right direction.... :)

• FYI, this did not work for me. I would still get a white page in Firefox. Chromium would mostly work, but kind of hang sometimes and need to be refreshed. And even then sometimes the change I made would reflect, sometimes not.

Anyway, I looked at the page source for the blank white page I was getting and saw a function that attempts to use LocalStorage instead of Cookies. I remembered that I don't like LocalStorage and disabled it. Going into about:config and searching for "dom.storage.enabled" and making sure it was "True", then refreshing my OMV WebUI and it all works fine now it seams.

I still don't like LocalStorage, but maybe I'll keep a beater browser in a separate folder just for OMV WebUI if it insists on using it.

THANK YOU SO MUCH for your observation! This turned out to be the reason why my OMV WebUI only showed a blank page after logging in after the update to 2.x !
    Do you remember which file that was? I'd hate having to turn on DOM storage only for the OMV WebUI to work... I'd like to have this fixed...

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!