Installation on USB - medium crashed, how to reinstall without loosing data

• Hello everybody,

I'm new here and I'm glad to be here :)

I have a problem with my USB - Flashdrive - Installation.
    I've installed version 1.9 and it worked very well. I'm very happy with OMV and I'm using also the extensions with virtual box as well.

Now I have the problem, that I realized, that the flash - drive with mit OS is inconsistent. I tried to repair, but without result. The system also is working at the moment, but there are several folders and files, which are malformed and so, I can't do upgrade, installation or something else.

I want to reinstall on a new USB - HDD, but I'm not sure, if the content on the internal drives (2 x RAID 1) will be save. I'm fine with new installation and new setup, if it is necessary. But if there is a way of config - Backup and Restore, this would be great.

So, may anyone have an idea for my situation?

thanks a lot.

Bye,

donhuan

• Detach the two drives, reinstall on a new usb stick, install the flashmemory plugin and then reattach your drives. Setup your shares again. There is no way of restoring the config and plugins automatically.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!