Do not work without dhcp

• Hello Friends,

How are you?

At our Network we do not use DHCP server. I did install it with wireless router, making wan with IP and Lan with DHCP, only to install the system, because if you do not have Internet connection, the system does not can read the mirrors in the installation... Ok

After install the system I configured by omv-firstaid the network with IP, mask and DNS. But, after this configuration OMV can not make install packages and check updates.

What can be wrong? How can Fix this?

Sorry my English

Thanks attention

Douglas

Douglas Giovani Oechsler
    Prudentópolis-PR-Brazil

• Offizieller Beitrag

If you setup the system with no network then you don't have any mirrors. Read this

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Hello ryecoaaron.

Thanks your answer!

Strange because for only test, now I installed the OMV 1.9 64 bits and this version after the install I configured the network by omv-fisrtaid and reboot system. Then access OMV by web. In the navigator I configured DNS and it works ok. I Can check updates and install packages.

When I installed at the first time, I install OMV 2.1 version and it not works.
    I Generate the sources.list and save ok, but, I do not use the command omv-update.

I will try install OMV 2.1 again and follow yours steps!

Thank you

Douglas

Douglas Giovani Oechsler
    Prudentópolis-PR-Brazil

• Hello ryecoaaron,
    How are you?

I install version OMV 2.1 and made steps to generate new sources.list, but now it needs gpg key
    With the version 1.9, after install system I login by web, config the DNS, and it works fine.

Remember, here we do not use DHCP server, and with version 1.9, simple: install system - config net by omv-firstaid - access by web - config the DNS and works fine. I can check updates and install packages without need generate nothing.

I want stay with new version of OMV (2.1), but it is not works here.

To future new versions of installation system wiil be the possibility to choose between DHCP mode or not.

Thanks attention and help!

Douglas

Douglas Giovani Oechsler
    Prudentópolis-PR-Brazil

• Offizieller Beitrag

Why not just setup a dhcp server even if temporarily?

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• I did this to install it. To install it works ok!
    But, after installation I need to choose no DHCP server for work on my lan and system did not work more!

Thanks

Douglas Giovani Oechsler
    Prudentópolis-PR-Brazil

• Offizieller Beitrag

You must have a setting (gateway?) wrong then. Why don't you want a DHCP server running?

• Yes, I setting all:
    Gateway, IP and DNS.

We do not want DHCP server because we have a Firewall (PFsense). And now we want to put OMV together.

Strange that OMV 1.9 works fine, and OMV 2.1 not, after config Gateway, IP and DNS.

Douglas Giovani Oechsler
    Prudentópolis-PR-Brazil

• Offizieller Beitrag

pfsense has a dhcp server (I use it). Doesn't make much sense to not enable it. But oh well.

There were a lot of networking changes between 1.9 and 2.1. Without seeing your settings under both, I don't know why one works and the other doesn't. I have had no problems on many OMV installs.

• Hello!

We do not use Dhcp server in Pfsense because we make users control access how: facebook, youtube access, band control, Nat and more! Then, we need OMV works without dhcp server.
    Yes, I too want to know why OMV 2.1 only does not work after configure no dhcp mode. I have an IP, mask and DNS and they work!

Now, here on my home I have a VM. I wiil test OMV 2.1 and try same config of the other server and see how its works.

Thnaks

Douglas Giovani Oechsler
    Prudentópolis-PR-Brazil

• Offizieller Beitrag

I have multiple systems setup with a static IP running OMV 2.1 and they work fine.

• Hello Subzero79
    How are you?

Ok, next monday after install OMV 2.1 again I will post the results about commands .
    I am disabling dhcp because OMV is behind firewall (pfsense).

I hope can config and it works because I really need it working.

Also think very strange that OMV 1.9 works fine.

Thanks Help and attention

Douglas

Douglas Giovani Oechsler
    Prudentópolis-PR-Brazil

• Hello!
    Subzero79

I fix it with your help
    IP was Ok
    But, when you configure OMV 2.1 by omv-firstaid in network it does not configure DNS, then you need manual configuration:

Login at OMV terminal:

login: root
    password: your password that you choose in installation, then:

# nano /etc/resolv.conf
    where nameserver 0.0.0.0
    in the Zeros change for yours DNS.

Here it works :)

Thanks all help and attention.
    Sorry my Englsih

Douglas

Douglas Giovani Oechsler
    Prudentópolis-PR-Brazil

• I try to config by webgui many many times in static mode. The IP stay configured but DNS never!

Are there some problems if let config at this mode? (manually config resolv.conf)

Douglas Giovani Oechsler
    Prudentópolis-PR-Brazil

• Im sorry. Until now was the option to it works fine.
    More clear... Ok.
    I download the 64 bits iso image from sourceforge, burn the dvd, start boot by iso image, enter install, enter location, keyboard, when ask by mirror, enter my mirror and omv try to connect automatic by dhcp (in this network is not dhcp)try try try and omv say do not find connect the mirror and say that omv will be installed minimal. I accept and finish install. Ok, reboot and give it omv-firstaid. I enter on the network config. I enter in no dhcp ipv4. Give it an IP, mask and one Dns. I enter no ipv6, I enter no WOL and finish. Wait omv process config network and after to test I ping google dns 8.8.8.8 ok its ping, then last test omv-update and.....not work. Then access webgui- network. Verify ip and, mask and dns, all there ok. Go to packages and click verify update....not work.

Only to know. All these process I did with 1.9 version and it works. This new 2.1 not.

Only with this manually config that you hate. Ok i understud because is wrong mode.

Thanks.

Douglas Giovani Oechsler
    Prudentópolis-PR-Brazil

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!