high CPU load. Normally not high at all..

• @jhmiller

Some ideas....

Users running deluge, couch potato, sickbeard not system users.

When i see high cpu it usually is caused by issues with the home directory. I am finding that home directory in most cases should be set to working directory of the application. Is anyone else experiencing high cpu with these applications? With Emby home directory could not be set in postinst because the home directory did not exist yet. The home directory (working directory) was created on first run of the application. Home directory had to be set in mkconf with usermod -d. This is something that should be looked into with each of these applications.

a bit less code to find arch... no uname.

• As with all the plugins I started I just tried what I could at the time, if it worked I left it, you or any one else is more then welcome to make changes where you think it is needed.

[align=center]banner@1x.jpg
    What I am watching/watched on my Popcorn Hour media player
    omv 2.1.1 stoneburner | 64 bit | omvextrasorg 1.29
    MySQL (Percona[size=8]) | Newznab | Sonarr | CP | HP | NZBget | YAMJ | CUPS

• I looked over them quickly Miller. I just pointed out some ideas. I had issue with Emby on the home directory and I start to think this is really important on other applications. It is ez to test manually by changing the home directory on a given app giving high cpu. When I fixed this on Emby cpu usage went down over 2/3rds. If you find someone else on github that has done work on same app you can sometimes see if they have done anything with the home directory too.

You are already doing some things different, like system user. So some of the things are just improving old work.

I think the big question is are other people experiencing high cpu on these apps??? If so definitely look at home directory as possible cause.

• Never had any issues with high CPU usage with any of the apps I use, admittedly I don't use deluge but the rest are almost always low when ever I check them. My highest item are plex (understandable) and my newsgroup indexer/server (does a lot of work)

• The 3 apps use python. If one app has issue if probably will effect the other using python. I would try to check Deluge first. If you know where it has working directory I would have this guy change his home to it. Or check for other projects on github. Maybe you find answer there.

If I were him I would disable those 3 and try running each one alone with the others off. Try to figure out if it is just one or maybe more that is causing the problem.

• I looked some more a Deluge. It's home should be here:

/home/deluged/.config/deluge

UMASK=0 # Change this to 0 if running deluged as its own user
    PKGNAME=deluge-daemon
    SCRIPTNAME=/etc/init.d/$PKGNAME

• I will look at it tomorrow as its getting late (early)

I think your suggestion above about running the apps 1 at a time to see if 1 of them is effecting the others is a good one and the best place to start.

• It was not clear install was finished:

upgrades to 2 packages

Code
    Setting up libtorrent-rasterbar7 (0.16.18-1~bpo70+1) ...
    Setting up python-libtorrent (0.16.18-1~bpo70+1) ...

Home directory:

Code
    root@stoneburnervm:/# cat /etc/passwd | grep deluge-daemon
    deluge-daemon:x:1003:100::/home/deluge-daemon:/usr/sbin/nologin

Code
    root@stoneburnervm:/# id deluge-daemon
    uid=1003(deluge-daemon) gid=100(users) groups=100(users)

Very low cpu... but not connected

• Hi

There aren't any permission errors.
    I think it might've been a fluke (that travelled through reboots). Things have settled down now and isn't using that much CPU.
    I just couldn't understand why the high cpu usage continued for so long.. AND continued after reboot..
    But it might've been python related since all apps are using python...

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!