exception 'OMVException' with message 'Invalid method parameter: gid does not exist

• OMV 2.x
    • Resolved

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• exception 'OMVException' with message 'Invalid method parameter: gid does not exist

Hi All,

I'm getting this error through the web interface.
      i'm trying to reset a user password.
      i can reset using the admin account. but the user himself cannot reset their own password.
      using the user account i can log into the web interface.

Source Code

1. Error #2002:
      2. exception 'OMVException' with message 'Invalid method parameter: gid does not exist, and it is not an optional property.' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc:187
      3. Stack trace:
      4. #0 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/usermgmt.inc(516): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->validateMethodParams(Array, '{\n\t\t\t "type":"...')
      5. #1 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceUserMgmt->setUser(Array, Array)
      6. #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
      7. #3 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/usermgmt.inc(662): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('setUser', Array, Array)
      8. #4 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceUserMgmt->setUserByContext(Array, Array)
      9. #5 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
      10. #6 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(79): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('setUserByContex...', Array, Array)
      11. #7 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(500): OMVRpc::exec('UserMgmt', 'setUserByContex...', Array, Array, 1)
      12. #8 {main}
      Display All

i've check /etc/passwd and /etc/group
      and the group id in the passwd exist in the /etc/group file.
      all users are in the group 'users'

i dont want my users to ssh in and change their password.
      any help is appreciated
    • Did you try clearing your browser cache and/or try a different browser? I would also try the apt clean button in you have omv-extras installed.
      omv 4.1.12 arrakis | 64 bit | 4.15 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 4.1.11
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please read this before posting a question and this and this for docker questions.
      Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!
    • Hi ryecoaaron,

thanks, but it did not work.

I've tried it on chrome and firefox. cleared the cache
      i didnt have the extra plugins installed.

but i did try

Source Code

1. ​sudo apt-get clean

the error msg looks like it has issues parsing the guid.
      when i do a 'id' through ssh

Source Code

1. ​ id phiroz
      2. uid=1000(phiroz) gid=100(users) groups=100(users),27(sudo),108(ssh),999(openmediavault),1000(support),1003(administrator)

i am suspecting its the array storing the guids

Source Code

1. #0 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/usermgmt.inc(516): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->validateMethodParams(Array, '{\n\t\t\t "type":"...')
      2. #1 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceUserMgmt->setUser(Array, Array)

i've also tried creating a new account to test,
      the account can log in to the web interface. but when i try to use the web interface it throws the exception too.

i've only just installed OMV last week, so i cant tell if it was working previously.

thanks for the help so far.
    • Try: rm /var/cache/openmediavault/*.json

If that doesn't work, what is the output of: dpkg -l | grep openmediavault

Please read this before posting a question and this and this for docker questions.
    • Hi ryecoaaron,

i tried clearing

/var/cache/openmediavault/*.json

but doesnt help. same exception mesg.

Here's the output of dpkg

Source Code

1. /var/cache/openmediavault# dpkg -l | grep openmediavault
      2. ii openmediavault 2.1 all Open network attached storage solution
      3. ii openmediavault-clamav 2.0 all OpenMediaVault ClamAV plugin
      4. ii openmediavault-keyring 0.3 all GnuPG archive keys of the OpenMediaVault archive
      5. ii openmediavault-lvm2 2.1 all OpenMediaVault Logical Volume Manager (LVM2) plugin
      6. ii openmediavault-nut 2.0 all OpenMediaVault Network UPS Tools (NUT) plugin
      7. ii openmediavault-omvextrasorg 1.29 all OMV-Extras.org Package Repositories for OpenMediaVault

i installed the extras to try the clear cache option.

thanks!!
    • Hi ryecoaaron,

looks like the server is not responding.
      i'll try updating later and let you know the result.

Err packages.omv-extras.org stoneburner Release.gpg
      Could not connect to packages.omv-extras.org:80 (75.100.121.227). - connect (110: Connection timed out)
      Ign packages.omv-extras.org stoneburner Release
      Err packages.omv-extras.org stoneburner/main amd64 Packages
      Unable to connect to packages.omv-extras.org:http:
      Err packages.omv-extras.org stoneburner/main Translation-en
      Unable to connect to packages.omv-extras.org:http:
      Fetched 16.8 MB in 1min 3s (265 kB/s)
      W: Failed to fetch packages.omv-extras.org/debian/dists/stoneburner/Release.gpg Could not connect to packages.omv-extras.org:80 (75.100.121.227). - connect (110: Connection timed out)

W: Failed to fetch packages.omv-extras.org/debian…ain/binary-amd64/Packages Unable to connect to packages.omv-extras.org:http:

W: Failed to fetch packages.omv-extras.org/debian…/main/i18n/Translation-en Unable to connect to packages.omv-extras.org:http:

E: Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old ones used instead.

I really appreciate the help.
    • My internet connection that half of omv-extras is hosted on is down (third time in 12 years). It still may have fixed the problem. Did you try again?

• Absolutely no support through PM!

I must not fear.
      Fear is the mind-killer.
      Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
      I will face my fear.
      I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
      And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
      Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
      Only I will remain.

Litany against fear by Bene Gesserit