Missing plugins after new install

• Hi,

I had to re-install my OMV yesthurday due to a failed HDD. I added the OMV-Extra plugin but I noticed few plugin are missing such as Teamspeak and Mumble which I need. How can I fixe this?

Also, there's a few plugin in Github repo I would like to try but I'm a real noob and I don't how to add these plugin in OMV. Is there any tutorial in this forum to explain how to do this?

Thanks!

• Offizieller Beitrag

mumble and teamspeak are now in the regular and testing repos, respectively. Not sure how I missed them but I haven't tested them either.

What plugins on github are you looking at? Most of the time, if a plugin is on github but not in a repo, it isn't ready.

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• The plugin I would like to try is openmediavault-deluge. Before my hdd failed, I installed it manually and I spent many hours to get it work but once working, I really like deluge. I wish to get that plugin because it'll be easier to manage it via the webui.

Thanks for your quick reply!

• Offizieller Beitrag

It was temporarily pulled from stoneburner but I don't remember why.

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• It is not working right and it has nothing to do with the plugin. It running high cpu, probably due to the developer not updating it in some time. I'd use transmission or install something else.

• I never noticed Deluge use high CPU since I had a quad-core in my NAS. Anyway as long as I can get a Torrent client via webui that's fine to me. I'll try transmission for a while.

By the way, I just try the Teamspeak Plugin and it work correctly. There's a new webui Teamspeak beta3.4.3 available did you tried it?

• It is not working right and it has nothing to do with the plugin. It running high cpu, probably due to the developer not updating it in some time. I'd use transmission or install something else.

As far as I know only 1 user reported high CPU usage, this was over several Python apps not just deluge. It was never proved what python app (if any) was causing the high CPU usage. He later said that it went back to normal, so if is the reason the plugin was pulled then it seams a bit silly TBH

[align=center]banner@1x.jpg
    What I am watching/watched on my Popcorn Hour media player
    omv 2.1.1 stoneburner | 64 bit | omvextrasorg 1.29
    MySQL (Percona[size=8]) | Newznab | Sonarr | CP | HP | NZBget | YAMJ | CUPS

• I compared it to Transmission. At high bandwidth it was running quite fast in comparison. Try a download at like 6 mb/s with no other python apps on a vm. If you want to turn down the bandwidth to like 500kb/s you will be OK, but still higher cpu than transmission.

Do some tests yourself and put up the screenshots....

• The new Webui for Teamspeak is available here. I'll test it tonight if I have time.

Before my hdd failed, I had few Python apps running such as Cherry Music and Deluge and by experience, I didn't see such high CPU usage.

I'll use transmission for now and when I'll have more free time, I'll compare it with deluge.

Thanks for your support!

• The system process in my tests at higher bandwidths was really high, no top. I limited the bandwidth and then showed both running with same bandwidth in top just to show that transmission on average ran at lower cpu utilization.

Do some tests... I'm not installing it again.

PS- my first tests were with small files and the download was throttled. That is why I thought it was OK in the beginning.

• Sub, that is irrelevant unless you know the rate at which he was downloading. What if his download was only 500kb/s. Bandwidth can make a big difference and that is part of the reason I showed that using top. If I am on the process list page I could not easily show the torrent page, which displays download rate.

Where are the 2 versions??? I made a package with what I thought was the latest on github. I did not use the plugin section to install.

• Deluge was pulled because it had small js dependency missing. But I think now is ok.

Thanks for the info.

[align=center]banner@1x.jpg
    What I am watching/watched on my Popcorn Hour media player
    omv 2.1.1 stoneburner | 64 bit | omvextrasorg 1.29
    MySQL (Percona[size=8]) | Newznab | Sonarr | CP | HP | NZBget | YAMJ | CUPS

• Hi,

After a week using Transmission, this torrent client is really slow compared to deluge. Even with a few tweaks under transmission, I can't get over 3 - 4 mbps and I usually get over 6 mbps with deluge.

Deluge was pulled because it had small js dependency missing. But I think now is ok.

If it was fixed, could you add that Deluge plugin under testing repo?

Thanks!

• After a week using Transmission, this torrent client is really slow compared to deluge. Even with a few tweaks under transmission, I can't get over 3 - 4 mbps

See pic... I achieve this easily on a vm. You are doing something wrong or maybe your internet provider is doing something. I don't particularly like either of these torrent clients. Just saying I'm getting decent speed with TransmissionBT.

• @tekkb

You got excellent performance under Transmission. Honestly, I can't figured out why I got such low result. Could you post your setting under transmission? I may missed something.

You can download from here

omv-extras.org/testing/openmediavault-deluge_1.5_all.deb

Thank you very much!

By the way, I didn't test the new teamspeak webui yet. I should have time to test it this weekend.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!