Tvheadend Guide discussion thread

• when ever i enable XMLTV for grabing the epg i get this error

the only way i can get TVheadend running again is to edit out the config file

thanks for any help with this.

Edit: xmltv script config file has to be in "/home/hts/.xmltv"

Seems the when you first run "tv_grab_xx --configure" it creates it there, but due to "tv_grab_nz-py" having a issure with " ā " in "Māori Television" i had to create the file manually.

• Has anybody gotten this working with HDHomeRun Tuners?

I've managed to get TVHeadend installed and the front end web interface is working fine.

I've installed the HDHomeRun drivers, and hdhomerun_config is able to find them.

however, the tuners are not available in the TVHeadend config...

What am I missing?

I've set up older versions on Ubuntu before and never had this problem.

• Hi Guys,

did anyone using a elgato net stream 4c or a hdhomerun expand?

Just order both the elgato device is able to get for 99€ and the hdhomerun for 166€.

BR Robert

OMV 5.x always up to date.
    Modded dell t20 into 19" rack case with Pearl LCD Display (Status Display!)

xeon e3-1225v3 / 32GB RAM / 1x500GB WD Blue SSD (OS) / 1x250 SSD (not used) / 1x1 TB Toshiba HHD (MultiDisk) / 4x 4TB WD40EFRX (Raid5)

• Just got yesterday may eyetv hybrid working with tvheadend.
    http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Elgato_EyeTV_hybrid

But there is one problem appeared during the channel scan every time tvheadend is crashing.
    It is reproduceable.

Looks like there was a bug https://tvheadend.org/issues/3168

@firsttris is it possible to provide the newest git version as deb?
    I'm not so familar with compiling packages.

BR Robert

xeon e3-1225v3 / 32GB RAM / 1x500GB WD Blue SSD (OS) / 1x250 SSD (not used) / 1x1 TB Toshiba HHD (MultiDisk) / 4x 4TB WD40EFRX (Raid5)

• Thanks for the guide firsttris, managed to setup Tvheadend without any install issues. Only issue is that my tuner doesn't show up in the DVB Inputs section :(

My tuner is an August DVB-T210 (Geniatech T220), does anyone have this or another DVB-T2 tuner that works with OMVs kernel?

Have also noticed that someone on the Tvheadend forum has make patches to add drivers support to ubuntu kernels, but haven't managed to run so far (https://bitbucket.org/CrazyCat/linux-tbs-drivers)

Andrew.

• @bishyb
    Did you search for your device it is support by tvheadend?
    Is your omv running with the backport 3.16 kernel?

My eyetv hybrid stick is only running after compile my own driver see linux.tv http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/DVB-T_USB_Devices
    There is text for your device: ✔ Yes, in kernel since 3.14, Users reporting errors with DVB-T2

@Vasa
    Looks like tvheaded need to be compiled with the support for hdhomerun.
    I'm not sure how the firsttris had compile the version

@firsttris
    The latest version in your dropbox is crashing all the time during the scanning.
    Compiled yesterday evening by my self. Without the problem.
    So it looks like there is mayer bug in your latest deb.

I'm not sure if it effect other countries then my (germany), found an old ticket at tvheadend that the problem is also present at sky uk.

BR Robert

• @bishby you need to compile with this command.
    AUTOBUILD_CONFIGURE_EXTRA=--enable-libffmpeg_static\ --enable-hdhomerun_static ./Autobuild.sh -t precise-amd64

• Hi Guys,

just load up my last build from yesterday on dropbox.

Included with hdhomerun and h264 support

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xta…Hc3eQec0HCV39Gno88Ya?dl=0

Looks stable. No crash until yesterday afternoon.

BR Robert

• Thank you very much for all the guide information. I installed it with No_legends latest build in his dropbox. It starts up OK and I can access the 9981 user interface, I see the HDHomeRun tuners under DVB inputs/TV adapters but not sure where to go from here. The tutorials I find online doesn't look the same as what I see. Do you have a link to a tutorial or some instructions to go from here?

The goal is to control it via Kodi on either Firestick or RPI2 OSMC box.

BTW: I missed some dependencies in OMV so I had to first install liburiparser1 before
    dpkg -i tvheadend_4.1-894~ga27b0af~precise_amd64.deb

• @Vasa
    I also did not find a good howto.

I try to give you the workflow out of my head.
    1. config tab
    2. dvb-input tab.
    3. select each hdhomerun an aktivate it (on the right side) and select an network.
    3.1 If there is no network for you, go to network, add the one you need, select a predfined network

Now a scan should start.

After the scan is completed go to the tab service.
    Now you need to add the service to a channel.
    Select the service and klick map selected.

Channel sorting is of the channels button possible. Also the numbers of the channel can be changed here.

BR Robert

• Many thanks for the instructions, but still no luck. Scan result shows up as zero for all predefined ones I try (or nothing at all if I don't select a predefined one) Is it correct all the hdhomerun drivers are precompiled or do I need to install them first myself?

• @Vasa
    for the drivers i'm not clear.
    Installed it bevor i compiled.

Did you control the muxes if they scan the right channels?

Where are you from?
    Can you post some screenshots of your settings and the log?

Edit: Here are some screenshots of my settings.

BR Robert

• Thanks Robert!
    Got it to work by adding the muxes manually. I'm in the US so ATSC.

I also changed the recording folder location off the omv system drive (make sure to give user HTS permission)

Tried watching it via Kodi and Emby. Kodi 15.2 has better picture and audio for both live and recorded shows with default settings.Will play around with emby a bit to see if I can get it work better since I will use both (audio goes in and out plus interlacing needs to be tweaked)

• I finally gave up on trying to get this working natively in OMV.

Instead, I created an Ubuntu Server LTS Virtualbox machine and set it up there. Then I mounted a share from OMV for the recordings. So far everything seems to be working fine. I haven't really stressed it yet though with multiple recordings. This gives me an excuse to get some more RAM for my OMV server (I only have 4GB right now)... I have plenty of CPU horsepower I think (8 core Avoton).

I may go back and try it again some time, but I've done enough fighting for now.

• Yes, I got it to work with hdhomerun tuners by using the latest compiled version in this thread. Did you use this version as well? The tuners were recognized via the gui.

My problem is that some hd channels don't record properly. Starts out good but starts stuttering after 30 min when playing back with kodi. Doesn't matter if I stop and restart to rebuffer so I think it something wrong with the recording itself. Any tips how to troubleshoot?

• Yes, I got it to work with hdhomerun tuners by using the latest compiled version in this thread. Did you use this version as well? The tuners were recognized via the gui.

My problem is that some hd channels don't record properly. Starts out good but starts stuttering after 30 min when playing back with kodi. Doesn't matter if I stop and restart to rebuffer so I think it something wrong with the recording itself. Any tips how to troubleshoot?

Did you check the homepage of tvheadend if the the problem is recognized?
    It can be i'm using the latest source code. So it is not stable.
    Perhaps the problem is coming from here?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!