Tvheadend Guide discussion thread

• OMV 2.x
    • Resolved
    • Hello all. hope everyone is doing well these days. I have two questions:

1. Is this guide good to use with OMV 3.xx?

2. The very first step (Installation) suggests to download the .deb from bintray. I cannot find any .deb files on that site at all. I admit that I am somewhat of a noob with regards to bintray usage.

Thanks for any assistance
    • Hi,

I am using TVH with no problems on OMV3, with no problems.

Here is what I did to get it installed:

1. Connect to OMV via SSH - I use Putty for this (let me know if you need any further details on this).
      2. Type the following into the terminal:

Source Code

1. sudo apt-key adv --keyserver hkp://keyserver.ubuntu.com:80 --recv-keys 379CE192D401AB61

Source Code

1. echo "deb https://dl.bintray.com/tvheadend/deb jessie stable" | sudo tee -a /etc/apt/sources.list

Source Code

1. sudo apt-get update

Source Code

1. sudo apt-get install tvheadend

Once TVH starts installing, you will get prompted for a username and password.

Once it is installed, you can logon to TVH, in your browser, via your server's IP address with ":9981" on the end - e.g. 192.168.1.7:9981.
    • elsmandino wrote:

Hi,

I am using TVH with no problems on OMV3, with no problems.

Here is what I did to get it installed:

1. Connect to OMV via SSH - I use Putty for this (let me know if you need any further details on this).
      2. Type the following into the terminal:

Source Code

1. sudo apt-key adv --keyserver hkp://keyserver.ubuntu.com:80 --recv-keys 379CE192D401AB61

Source Code

1. echo "deb https://dl.bintray.com/tvheadend/deb jessie stable" | sudo tee -a /etc/apt/sources.list

Source Code

1. sudo apt-get update

Source Code

1. sudo apt-get install tvheadend
      Once TVH starts installing, you will get prompted for a username and password.

Once it is installed, you can logon to TVH, in your browser, via your server's IP address with ":9981" on the end - e.g. 192.168.1.7:9981.
      hi

this is just not happening for me i get to apt-get update and get this

Malformed line 16 in source list /etc/apt/sources.list (dist parse)

any way to fix this ?

cheers Rob