Tvheadend Guide discussion thread

• Yes it works in OMV. It is easy to compile (first program I ever compiled - see chris's thread and mine).

However time shift with kodi is still not working very good (picture hangs or stutters, ac3 audio gets out if sync).

I ruled out my hardware - time shift is Samsung evo ssd, network is GBE with layer 2 switch and port priority for htsp protocol.

Htpc with kodi is a AMD A10 and problem are with windows and Kodi under Linux.

I have tried 4.0.5 and 4.1 git

• I think I just updated from 3.9 (where I started using TVH) to 4.1 and then quick back to more "stable" 4.0.5.

It can also be the kodi plugin which causes the issues, I just can't tell.

I am about to try 4.1 again to see if that makes a difference.

• Ah, ok. I use Kodibuntu and Windows where the plugin is called pvr.hts.

For me timeshift is not working with 3.9, 4.0.5 and 4.1 - picture stutters, freezes just not bearable.

I have no idea what the problem is. I will try VDR tomorrow.

EDIT:

On my Notebook running Windows todays nightly using plugin version 2.1.16 seems to be much better. Sadly that version is not available for Linux to test it.

• I can remember that I had similar problems as I started with PVR and Live-TV, but sadly I dont remember when and why it runs flawlessly.

What are your settings for timeshift? On what folder? What disk? (HDD or SSD?)
    I'm using the System-SSD for buffering Timeshift.

Is "On-Demand" enabled? (disabled is much better).

• Thats weird...

My settings:

Enabled [X]
    On Demand [ ]
    Storage Path: /home/hts/timeshift (On SSD)
    Max Period: 0 | unlimited time [x]
    Max Size (MB): 20000 | unlimited size [ ]
    Max RAM Size (MB): 0 | Use only RAM [ ]

Works great! Sorry, I have no more ideas at the moment.

How did you install V 4.0.5 ?
    I'm interested in testing :)

• Hm, maybe a Bug in TVH 4.x ?
    Did you had a look in TVH-Log while Timeshifting?
    Is there a folder "buffer" in the folder you set up for timeshift?
    Is TVH writing in this folder while you're watching TV?

• Hm, maybe a Bug in TVH 4.x ?
    Did you had a look in TVH-Log while Timeshifting?
    Is there a folder "buffer" in the folder you set up for timeshift?
    Is TVH writing in this folder while you're watching TV?

Yes there was a "buffer" in my TS folder and the log was free of errors even in debug mode and the drive filled up.

It is not that TS was completely not working, I could go back 30 minutes or so. Just when it started playing at the point where it should there were picture hangs, judder/stutter out of sync and so on.

Sometimes there was no problem for an hour or so, sometimes the issues were there from the beginning. And I have tried about 6 or so builds of TVH....somehow impossible to debug

Besides that TVH was nice, because of the web interface easy to set up on a headless machine unlike vdr where I needed to dig in config files.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!