Cannot install or uninstall Docker

• Hey,

I cannot seem to install, or remove the half installed package for Docker. Is anyone able to help?

apt-get remove, auto remove, purge do not work. All give the same error as installing:

What is a container and how can I remove it?

• Hey SubZero thanks for your reply.

I tried that and keep getting the same error with different strings, every time I delete the one that shows up, a new one appears:

• I think, you have differents problems ...
    first of all, uninstall all docker component. You have to check containers running with the command :

docker ps
    You should have th list of containers running.
    docker stop IDOFCONTAINER will stop it, you can use docker rm ID_OR_NAMEOFCONTAINER to remove it.
    after that, you should do : apt-get remove openmediavault-docker without any problems except if you have installed other containers and they are still running ! In that case, you have to stop it (at least, may be remove it) to remove docker.

In htat case you have a problem with the SSL certificate, I don't think is linked with docker ...

• I *kind of* have the same problem, on my NAS the Docker plugin is also in a state of limbo.
    Curiosity got the best of me and I had to try Docker. After messing around with some containers I tried stopping them, removing them and then apt-get remove openmediavault-docker but I keep getting this:

Do I need to install DockerUI again before apt-get autoremove openmediavault-docker?

Edit: trying to install openmediavault-docker gives the following:

Code
    dpkg: error processing openmediavault-docker (--configure):
     package openmediavault-docker is not ready for configuration
     cannot configure (current status `half-installed')
    Errors were encountered while processing:
     openmediavault-docker

Edit 2: after getting DockerUI to run again, I still get the same message when trying to apt-get autoremove openmediavault-docker.

Edit 3: Fixed the error uncommenting the 3 lines in /var/lib/dpkg/info/openmediavault-docker.postrm concerning DockerUI. Sorry for my spam, an admin can remove this post if deemed necessary.

• @iddqd : No problems, I have to fix many things in the postrm file ... try to remove dockerUI, just if the container is still here ... stop it before ... etc !
    I've got some time to pass on it now. Why do you want to remove it ? you don't find what you want with the plugin ?

Regards,

• I don't know if it's relevant, but sometimes when I restart my server (gracefully, by using restart option in OMV web configuration), it will boot back up but there will be no web services. When connecting by SSH I restart the web service and get this error:

Code
    root@nuc:~# sudo service nginx restart
    Restarting nginx: nginx: [emerg] SSL_CTX_use_certificate_chain_file("/etc/ssl/certs/openmediavault-33591e10-93df-4f7d-819d-6610d6072ba7.crt") failed (SSL: error:02001002:system library:fopen:No such file or directory error:20074002:BIO routines:FILE_CTRL:system lib error:140DC002:SSL routines:SSL_CTX_use_certificate_chain_file:system lib)
    nginx: configuration file /etc/nginx/nginx.conf test failed
    root@nuc:~#

To resolve, I have to load up WinSCP and navigate to /etc/ssl/certs and rename what ever crt is there to the one mentioned in the error. It seems to change itself from time to time.

(Don't mind the part where I forgot to enter a directory and put the file in my home folder hehehe)

Code
    root@nuc:~# sudo mv /etc/ssl/certs/openmediavault-fe8d1d3c-aa9e-4f3e-96ef-fdc48fc8b889.crt openmediavault-33591e10-93df-4f7d-819d-6610d6072ba7.crt
    Restarting nginx: nginx: [emerg] SSL_CTX_use_certificate_chain_file("/etc/ssl/certs/openmediavault-33591e10-93df-4f7d-819d-6610d6072ba7.crt") failed (SSL: error:02001002:system library:fopen:No such file or directory error:20074002:BIO routines:FILE_CTRL:system lib error:140DC002:SSL routines:SSL_CTX_use_certificate_chain_file:system lib)
    root@nuc:~# ls
    openmediavault-33591e10-93df-4f7d-819d-6610d6072ba7.crt
    root@nuc:~# sudo mv openmediavault-33591e10-93df-4f7d-819d-6610d6072ba7.crt /etc/ssl/certs/
    Restarting nginx: nginx: [emerg] SSL_CTX_use_PrivateKey_file("/etc/ssl/private/openmediavault-33591e10-93df-4f7d-819d-6610d6072ba7.key") failed (SSL: error:02001002:system library:fopen:No such file or directory error:20074002:BIO routines:FILE_CTRL:system lib error:140B0002:SSL routines:SSL_CTX_use_PrivateKey_file:system lib)

Then to fix that:

Code
    root@nuc:~# sudo mv /etc/ssl/private/openmediavault-fe8d1d3c-aa9e-4f3e-96ef-fdc48fc8b889.key /etc/ssl/private/openmediavault-33591e10-93df-4f7d-819d-6610d6072ba7.key
    Restarting nginx: nginx.
    root@nuc:~#

Works after this!

Could this be related?

• Try turning off the ssl in omv for web access. Other than that I am out of ideas.

<a href="http://forums.openmediavault.org/index.php/User/6478-slobberbone/">@slobberbone</a> should give some insight.

I think, you have differents problems ...
    first of all, uninstall all docker component. You have to check containers running with the command :

docker ps
    You should have th list of containers running.
    docker stop IDOFCONTAINER will stop it, you can use…

Hey mate, thanks for your reply but it's a no-go.

I wanted to keep SSL certificate open because of OwnCloud requiring it to be active, but since I don't use OwnCloud much I am happy to uninstall it. Unfortunately I cannot due to this error each time I run an apt-get command.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Is and error of the postrm script. Is trying to stop a container that is not running then it exits and cracks the below sequence of the script.

for the moment manually try to start the dockerui so postrm sees the container, according to the script in github it should be

docker run --restart=always -d -p 9200:9000 -v /var/run/docker.sock:/docker.sock --name dockerui dockerui/dockerui:latest -e="/docker.sock"

Then try again to remove the plugin with apt-get

The maintainer has to see if he can perfect the installer/remover scripts (probably some if condition or similar)

• Is and error of the postrm script. Is trying to stop a container that is not running then it exits and cracks the below sequence of the script.

for the moment manually try to start the dockerui so postrm sees the container, according to the script in…

I love you!

• @iddqd : No problems, I have to fix many things in the postrm file ... try to remove dockerUI, just if the container is still here ... stop it before ... etc !
    I've got some time to pass on it now. Why do you want to remove it ? you don't find what you want with the plugin ?

Regards,

I wanted to wipe "my slate" clean and start fresh. Total newbie concerning Docker so I thought it was the best approach. Nothing to do with your plugin not doing what I wanted it to do ;) Super excited about it, because I think it is the way forward for OMV plugins (to be Docker containers). I will definately play around with the plugin some more ;)

• Hi

Not sure if i can post this here, its the same issue am having. If this post is not related to the above topic please let me know so post it in another thread.

I can across an update for the docks, tried to update it but it didn't want to update, i went and tried to remove the docs and every thing got stuck cannot remove the docks auto remove or install it again the docker-engine init-system-helpers libapparmor1 got stuck and will get removed with any commend i do, i looked in the process list and couldn't find any docks running.
    Below is the remove lines which i tried to do and the outcome of them.

Tried to install the dock again and not working

There are 2 updates which i cannot update them from the past 6 month which are the postgresql

Many thanks for the help and sorry if i posted is in the wrong post.

• yes and the results are.

Not sure what to do next.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!