z97 e1000e issue (again?)

• So I've searched the forums, and there have been a few threads about how to get the e1000e to work, but they're all a year or two old, and the download links to the .ko are old.

Is there any updated howto on how to get this working?

I currently can't install. I also have a USB wifi stick, but it also isn't recognized, and in deb stable it says it needs a non free rtl8(something, can't remember exact model) driver, so it seems to be a bust for OMV as well.

Any suggestions?

• That driver is the main kernel. What's the problem with the kernel distributed one?

also the backport kernel seems to have like 25% more model ID's than the default one. Doesn't the driver load at all for your system?

Yeah, the installation doesn't detect the on board adapter. Asrock H97 board, during installation it fails to detect, and manually selecting e1000e just flashes and presents the same screen again.

• Have you tried the ISO with back port kernel?
    if not, you can test from here <a href="http://dh2k.omv-extras.org/debian/testing/openmediavault_1.14_omvextras_3.16_kernel_amd64.iso" class="externalURL" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">dh2k.omv-extras.org/debian/tes…ras_3.16_kernel_amd64.iso</a>

it won't detect during install so don't worry. Expect to finish and reboot select the 3.16 kernel to check if this time…

It looks like I'm actually wrong. I was under the assumption that the board would use the ethernet integrated into the intel chipset, but it appears to be an Atheros chip like in the thread just below this. That'll teach me to assume...

If there's a mod that can just delete this thread, that'd be good.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!