Web-GUI broken when using Firefox after update to v2.1.1

• Hi,

I recently updated to v2.1.1 and since then I can't access the Web-GUI via Firefox. Firefox and all Plug-Ins are the latest version. Usually I see just a plain white page, occasionally (I can't figure out any rule, though) I see the login screen. But after putting in my credentials and trying to log in it's back to the blank white screen. I whitelisted the IP in every possibly restrictive Firefox-Plugin I use (AdBlock, NoScript etc., although it worked perfectly before with OMV v1.19). I tried this and I cleared the Firefox-cache but no change.

With Internet Explorer there is no problem whatsoever, SSH also works without any problems.

• Offizieller Beitrag

OMV 1.x uses extjs 4. OMV 2.x uses extjs 5. If the web interface works in IE, then adblock, noscript, whatever is the problem with Firefox. Did you try incognito mode?

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I did, but the result was the same. As mentioned earlier I cleared the
    Firefox cache several times, had several reboots, Adblock is deactivated
    for that IP, NoScript deactivated, Cookies are allowed, Firefox and all
    PlugIns have been updated.

I found this thread of a similar problem and opened the console and got the following JavaScript exceptions:

Zitat

- TypeError: a is null
    - Die Zeichenkodierung eines Dokuments im Frame wurde nicht deklariert. Das Dokument kann unterschiedlich aussehen, wenn es ohne das umgebende Frame-Dokument angesehen wird.
    - getPreventDefault() sollte nicht mehr verwendet werden. Verwenden Sie stattdessen defaultPrevented.

the second and third one (for those of you who can't read german) roughly translated into english:

Zitat

- "the character encoding of one of the documents in this frame was not declared. The document might look different when viewed without the surrounding frame-document"
    and
    - "getPreventDefault() shouldn't be used anymore. use defaultPrevented instead."

But I suppose "a" (whatever it is :) ) is the bad guy and shouldn't be Null.

• Offizieller Beitrag

This is looks like an nginx (OMV web server) protection. I'm guessing one of your protections is putting the OMV web interface in a frame which nginx will not accept. You could try installing the openmediavault-links plugin, create a link with media tab enabled. This will disable that protection and might work.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• I just installed the links plugin, but I'm not sure what it is for ?( Doesn't it create links inside of the Web-GUI ? How does it help accessing it? Could you explain this in a little more detail, please?

However, I just created a link with the following settings: No preset selected, name "TEST" in group "TESTGROUP", entered the IP of my NAS as the URL and checked the media tab, but with no effect.

• I don't have any other browser installed. So no, IE and FF are the only browsers I tested.

In the meantime I updated to OMV 2.1.2 (since I saw it existed in ryecoaaron's signature :) ), but the problem persists. I deactivated all add-ons in FF and tried starting it in safe-mode, but still all I see is white.

• FYI, I have the same problem it seems. I would get a white page in
    Firefox. Chromium would mostly work, but kind of hang sometimes and need
    to be refreshed. And even then sometimes the change I made would
    reflect, sometimes not.

Anyway, I looked at the page source for the blank white page I was
    getting and saw a function that attempts to use LocalStorage instead of
    Cookies. I remembered that I don't like LocalStorage and disabled it.
    Going into about:config and searching for "dom.storage.enabled"
    and making sure it was "True", then refreshing my OMV WebUI and it all
    works fine now it seams.

I still don't like LocalStorage, but maybe I'll keep a beater browser in
    a separate folder just for OMV WebUI if it insists on using it.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Here is the reasoning for using local storage.

• Hello,

As the others, I tried everything and it's not working:

• Clearing cache
    • Relaunch Firefox
    • Relaunch computer
    • tried with dom.storage.enabled and dom.storage.disabled
    • I tried to rebuild the eMMC from scratch: same thing...

Nothing work but in others computers and in private navigation, it's working on Firefox.

How correct this, please?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!