Images OMV 2.1 for ARM boards (RPi, BPi, Cubieboard2, Odroid C1)

• Hello.
    Prepared system images with OMV 2.1 for several popular motherboards with an ARM (Raspberry Pi, Odroid C1, Cubieboard2, Banana Pi and PRO)
    Theoretically system image for Banana Pi should work with other A20 matherboard supported by Bananian

What I did:

• Installation OMV 2.1 (for Banana Pi/PRO use Bananian, For RPi use Minibian, for Odroid use ARMbian and for Cubieboard2 use image OMV by official forum)
    • Install and enable OMV-extras repo
    • MemoryFlash install plugin (not configure)

All images can download from http://simplenas.com

I plan to add images for other motherboards and update the present.

From site can get printable case for Banana Pi/PRO and Cubieboard2

I know that the world does not expect the us to many. It is sufficient that you answer yourself a very important question: what I like to do in life, and then start to do it.

HP N36L Microserver 60GB SSD + 2x 250GB HDD + 2x 1TB omv 3.0.X 64 bit - 3.16 backport kernel
    Banana Pi + 16GB SD + 500GB - test platform omv 3.0.X - ARM - 3.4.104 kernel
    Banana PRO + 8GB SD + 320GB - test platform omv 30..X - ARM - 3.4.104 kernel
    SimpleNAS project - OpenMediaVault and Case for Banana Pi/PRO/M1/M1+/M3, LM Guitar

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von cyryllo ()

• Offizieller Beitrag

Why the different image for RPi and Odroid-C1? I have been making these images for a long time.

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Why the different image for RPi and Odroid-C1? I have been making these images for a long time.

Yet they are the other board.
    I used your image OMV , updating and changes few in repo, etc.

I know that the world does not expect the us to many. It is sufficient that you answer yourself a very important question: what I like to do in life, and then start to do it.

HP N36L Microserver 60GB SSD + 2x 250GB HDD + 2x 1TB omv 3.0.X 64 bit - 3.16 backport kernel
    SimpleNAS project - OpenMediaVault and Case for Banana Pi/PRO/M1/M1+/M3, LM Guitar

• Offizieller Beitrag

I see the other boards. I was just curious about those two - RPi and Odroid-C1. Makes supporting those two images tougher when there are two versions out there.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• I see the other boards. I was just curious about those two - RPi and Odroid-C1. Makes supporting those two images tougher when there are two versions out there.

Images are rarely updated. Only when major change as an update to OMV 3.0 ;)

• Offizieller Beitrag

Ok. I update the images every couple of months though.

• This amount of images with an installed OMV because I have access to these boards. And the second thing popularize the system OMV;)

• Hi cyryllo,

first i like to thank you for you effort with all these images. I am competely new with this linux stuff, but i've managed to get OMV working on my banana pi. Only installation of the OpenMediaVault unfortunately failed with this error message ->

Could you please help?
    Thanks in advance
    helios

• Hi cyryllo,

Could you please help?
    Thanks in advance
    helios

look MiniDLNA issue

• do you plan to release an image for cubietruck by any chance?

No but no have this board. I do not have plans to buy cubietruck.

• Hi cyryllo,

I'm trying for days now to install OMV on my Odroid C1+.
    I've tried some different OMV and Debain Wheezy images (yours, wheezy minimal, ...). Everytime the same result.
    My router shows the Odroid in the DHCP table but I can't connect to it via SSH. The debug output says "no route to host".
    The only image that is working is OMV 1.14 for the C1 from openmediavault.org. But that images produces errors when updating. This is really frustrating.
    Could you please tell me how you have built the image with OMV 2.1? Or do you have any hint to fix the SSH problem?
    I'm using a SanDisk Ultra 8GB Micro SD and copied the images to the card with dd on OS X and with Win32DiskImager.
    Many thanks in advance.

Regards,
    Robert

• By default after installation OMV has disabled ssh, you need to login over webpanel and enable ssh.

• Hello, i'm trying your image.
    Below my issues:
    1. If i turn off the C1 and then on again, sometimes i have to run thourgh the omv-firstaid ethernet configuration in order to receive an IP (this means that i have to use an HDMI cable everytime)
    2. VPN plugin is not there even if i've enable it in OMV-extras.org tab
    3. System Date is wrong (1970) even if i try to correct it (from gui and from cli)
    4. Sometimes when i install a plugin i receive fatal errors
    5. Are the logs useful to you to check what is happening? Sometimes it just crashes and the blue led doesn't turn on

Do you suggest apt-get upgrade && apt-get update or is it better to stay with your distribution?
    Are you still maintining it? Is it better to go debian and then "echo "deb packages.openmediavault.org/public stoneburner main" > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/openmediavault.list" or is your release easier?

Thank you,

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!