Installation bug?!

• Hi,

There is a bug in the newest ISO file.
    When I install OMV 2.1 ISO from a usb pendrive to another usb device (usb hdd), the grub information will be written to the source pendrive.
    So, the OMV can not start if I remove source pendrive. I have to install grub with manual commands to the destination usb hdd to fix this bug.
    Please, check ISO file.

• Not a bug of the ISO but the underlying Debian. We are unable to fix the issue, the workaround is to pull the USB Stick before installing grub.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Understood. But you can avoid it by unplugging the install medium before writing grub. ;)

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!