Ugrade HW on server = reinstall ?

• Ugrade HW on server = reinstall ?

Wondering if i have to reinstall OMW if i replace motherboard, cpu, memory and graphics..

From socket 775 to 1156 ..

Also replacing a standard sata kontrollercard with a Adaptec RAID 5805. (HDD`s in SW RAID)
      Anything in particular i need to think of here? Planning on using the card as sata controller untill i can afford 4 new bigger drives, then may go to HW raid..

The post was edited 1 time, last by silvrblue ().

• You should be able to just move the install. I would install backports 3.16 kernel before moving if you aren't already using it. Run omv-firstaid after moving to fix networking or remove /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules before moving.
      omv 4.1.22 arrakis | 64 bit | 4.15 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 4.1.15
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please read this before posting a question and this and this for docker questions.
      Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!
    • The network IP(s) maybe the same, but I have generally found that the change of the NIC (thus MAC if only using the motherboard NIC) will cause the introduction of a new eth#. If you have a second NIC in a MB slot and are using that same NIC and it is eth1, then it will probably work fine on boot in the new MB. In that event the )new_ motherboard NIC may be seen at eth2. Regardless above advice is accurate.
      Larry A Lamb
      Eagan Minnesota USA
    • So it just happend. Everything replaced, up and running.. Exept, all drives are gone. Showing on boot on the raid controller, but not in OMW webpage. Do i need to install drivers for this RAID card? Adaptec RAID 5805

Or do i need to make every drive to JBOD on the controller..?

The manual says if i delete a JBOD, ill loose data. Not if i create one...

On a reboot, i found my drives, in the syslog.

Still not under Physical disks or RAID management..
      [Blocked Image: http://i1069.photobucket.com/albums/u477/silvrblue/th_disker.jpg]

Also, (maybe) in /dev directory, as sg0-8 ..

Guessing the question now is: How to mount them drives so i can use them, without loosing data? Or just go back to onboard SATA connectors, for the easy way..

The post was edited 6 times, last by silvrblue ().