Installing Video for Linux on OMV. Help!

• Hi,

I hope someone can help me, as this has been doing my head in for days. I'm trying to install Video for Linux on OMV v 0.2.7.4 ls , so I can then use tvheadend to stream the output of my Hauppauge HVR2200 to another machine running XBMC.

The HVR2200 *appears* to be installed correctly, but whenever I try to install V4L2 as per the instructions here:http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/in…ll_V4L-DVB_Device_Drivers the build always fails with the code show below. Any help would be massively appreciated!!

• I finally gave up trying to compile V4L on the 2.6.32-5-686 kernel, and it seems that the V4L installation that comes with OMV 0.2 doesn't work, at least not on my 64 bit system.

In the end I upgraded to OMV 0.3x, and upgraded my kernel to 3.x from the backports repo. Once that was done all my problems went away, but I'd be interested to hear anyone's thoughts on how this might affect my OMV 0.3 installation. So far everything seems fine, but I'm still installing plugins and setting up the services..

• chente

Hat das Thema geschlossen.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!