RPCBind errors, unable to remove/install anything

• Hi,

After months running without issue, recently I had some disk errors and performed a chkdsk to resolve many cloned file errors, which it did.

I've now found that Couchpotato won't run but everything else is running as usual, sickbeard, SABnzbd etc all OK.

Tried to uninstall/reinstall but get hit with

Code
    Failed to execute command 'export LANG=C; apt-get --yes --auto-remove --purge remove openmediavault-couchpotato 2>&1': Reading package lists... Building dependency tree... Reading state information... The following packages will be REMOVED:  openmediavault-couchpotato* 0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 1 to remove and 151 not upgraded. After this operation, 54.3 kB disk space will be freed. (Reading database ... dpkg: unrecoverable fatal error, aborting: unable to open files list file for package `rpcbind': No such device or address Creating index of upgradeable packages ... Creating index of OpenMediaVault plugins ... E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (2)

Guessing that some corruption occured with my disk error I did some searching and tried to purge RPCBind and attempt reinstall. No luck, similar error message.

With all plugins now or attempting to remove anything I come up with similar errors ie:

Code
    Reading state information... The following packages will be REMOVED: aria2* libc-ares2* openmediavault-downloader* 0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 3 to remove and 151 not upgraded. After this operation, 4801 kB disk space will be freed. (Reading database ... dpkg: unrecoverable fatal error, aborting: unable to open files list file for package `rpcbind': No such device or address Creating index of upgradeable packages ... Creating index of OpenMediaVault plugins ... E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (2)' in /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/pluginmgmt.inc:174 Stack trace: #0 [internal function]: OMVRpcServicePluginMgmt->remove(Array, Array) #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(79): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('remove', Array, Array) #3 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(500): OMVRpc::exec('Plugin', 'remove', Array, Array, 1) #4 {main}

I'm trying to repair so I don't have to start from scratch, so any help or guidance would be much appreciated!

Many thanks
    Steve

• Code
    root@soconas:/# cat /etc/debian_version

Thanks!

• It's been running so well I'd forgotten about it, won't do that again! :)

No it doesn't (code response below).

Even tried to update the version but this issue won't permit an upgrade.

Is there anyway to rebuild/replace the file it's looking for?

Thanks
    Steve

• I did try those but still got caught with RPCBind issue.

In the end I took the reinstall/upgrade route as I also kept having issues with cloned blocks on the drive, actually the reinstall was less of a mission than expected!

Thanks very much for all your help!

Steve

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!