Update failed

• Hello, I tried to update my server and got this:

What to do to solve the errors?

• Just click to highlight your interface and then click on edit. Scroll down and you have Advanced Setting which has DNS Servers and Search Domains.

System/Network then click on Interface TAB
    click on eth0 and then click on edit.
    Scroll down to Advanced Settings.

It should be obvious from there.

• on primary i just can type in numbers... but isn't the ip changing every day? Can't enter the dynDNS adress becaus it contains letters.

Ok, tried the gateway (internal adress) and it seems to be working. thank you!

• You LAN address for your router does not change every day. It is normally an address like:

192.168.1.1 (It looks like your router is something like 192.168.2.1)

and this is googles dns server which is good as a search domain for the secondary dns server

These have to be entered as numbers. Your Gateway number is usually your router ip.

• The Problem is back and my web Interface is "403 Forbidden" and a white screen now -.- This appears after the last update...

I just have the SSH console left....

• It was an OMV Update via

sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

The output you wanted is:

Code
    root@Vault:~# dpkg -l | grep openmediavault
    rc  openmediavault                 1.19                          all          Open network attached storage solution
    rc  openmediavault-clamav          1.3                           all          OpenMediaVault ClamAV plugin
    ii  openmediavault-keyring         0.3                           all          GnuPG archive keys of the OpenMediaVault archive
    rc  openmediavault-owncloud        1.4                           all          OpenMediaVault ownCloud plugin
    rc  openmediavault-usbbackup       1.4                           all          OpenMediaVault USB/eSATA backup plugin

Thank you for your time ;)

I tried to reconfigurate the WebGUI via
    omv-firstaid

but i got

root@Vault:~# omv-firstaid-bash: omv-firstaid: command not found

Shouldn't there be something like this:

I also looked up the /etc/network/interfaces file to adjust the settings that solved the problem before ( Gateway and DNS Server) without WebGUI:
    # The loopback network interfaceauto loiface lo inet loopbackiface lo inet6 loopback# eth1 network interfaceauto eth1allow-hotplug eth1iface eth1 inet static address 192.168.2.165 gateway 192.168.2.1 netmask 255.255.255.0 dns-nameservers 192.168.2.1 8.8.8.8 dns-search cronyk.selfhost.eu pre-down ethtool -s $IFACE wol giface eth1 inet6 manual pre-down ip -6 addr flush dev eth1

Everything seems right.
    I also can't access to my network devices, so the SMB Client seems to be have Problems. Minecraft also let noone in but the server is running. Only SSH and TS3 are working.

The Problem with the WebGUI is the same like here:
    No web interface after update - no omv-firstaid

But it seems like it's not the same thing:
    root@Vault:~# hostnamectl Static hostname: Vault Icon name: computer-desktop Chassis: desktop Machine ID: 513f8c5560adff0639b9ca1454e0e5ec Boot ID: 72b9deff3cca4d718cde079795811c06 Operating System: Debian GNU/Linux stretch/sid Kernel: Linux 3.2.0-4-amd64

• Results please:

cat /etc/debian_version

I am worried. Just your configs are left and the packages for OMV are removed. You may have upgraded to Jessie.

rc = just config files

ii = what it should be normally

• Ok... thats bad, how could this happen.... shouldn't I update via sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade anymore?

The Output is:
    root@Vault:~# cat /etc/debian_versionstretch/sid

Out of the threads I read a downgrade isn't possible?
    IF I had to do all the installation and configuration again, is it possible to keep my RAID1 because I need the data from there...

• Unplug the RAID 1 drives. Just leave your system drive reconnected and reinstall Stroneburner. Then shut it down and reconnect the RAID 1 drives. Start up and go to the filesystems section and you should be able to remount the RAID 1.

• So...

I'll reinstall my system now, with just my system device plugged in.
    THEN I'll install Stroneburner (how do I do this and how do I use ist? When I search it I don't find a program)

• *sing* Everything is awesome....

Well, I didn't associate "Stoneburner" with the OMV ISO. Never heard that name before.
    Now I did a complete reinstall and everything is working! Thank you for support!

One last question: How can I prevent this to happen again?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!