Kodi install downgrade?

• I successfully installed Kodi a couple of months ago using this guide "http://forums.openmediavault.org/index.php/Thread/7268-Kodi-formerly-XBMC-for-OMV/" and recently had to reinstall omv. After the re install I followed the same Kodi install guide and it installed with no problem but the version is alpha 16 and seems to be quite buggy. Is there any way I can down grade it to a stable version 15?
    Wondering if Kodi will ever be available to install through a repo?

• Offizieller Beitrag

My guess is, they've updated their github w/ the current alpha.

"Downgrading"... probably not a good way to try and do it. I'd just uninstall/purge it (you should be apt-get remove --purge kodi). Then just install it following the instructions on the Kodi homepage... if you do that, just make sure you remove the "debian unstable" repository after you install, as if you leave it, there's a good chance it will pull in an update at some point that will break your system.

Of course, the other option, is just apt-get install xbmc. I'm not sure what version is in the Wheezy repositories, but it's still there as xbmc (not 100% sure, but I think it's Gotham)

• Thanks for getting back and thanks for the info! I gave the above uninstall a try and this is what I got

Code
    apt-get remove --purge kodi
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    E: Unable to locate package kodi

Any ideas on what I could do to get around this, and how would I go about removing the unstable repo?

• Well, no uninstall function there. You can try to checkout the 15.0 branch of github instead and compile/make install that one over the other one, not the fien way but it may be easier then to remove all files beforehand.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Thanks for that, but no luck. Could not find a ver15.0 specific branch. Tried the existing link on the

Code
    https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/tree/Isengard

page and it still installed as 16 alpha. :(

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!