Removed hard drives causing SMART error emails

• I had a couple of hard drives start giving me general SMART errors so I pulled them and replaced them. However before I removed them, I did not tell OMV to stop monitoring them for SMART errors so now ever day I get a email telling me that "SMART error (FailedOpenDevice) detected on host: zed [zed.local]" for each device.

-------------------------
    This email was generated by the smartd daemon running on:

host name: zed
    DNS domain: local
    NIS domain: (none)

The following warning/error was logged by the smartd daemon: Device: /dev/disk/by-id/scsi-SATA_ST2000DM001-1CH_W1E1FWN6 [SAT], unable to open device

For details see host's SYSLOG. You can also use the smartctl utility for further investigation.The original email about this issue was sent at Tue Jul 21 10:25:21 2015 MST Another email message will be sent in 24 hours if the problem persists.
    This email was generated by the smartd daemon running on:

host name: zed
    DNS domain: local
    NIS domain: (none)

The following warning/error was logged by the smartd daemon: Device: /dev/disk/by-id/scsi-SATA_Maxtor_6H400F0_H8112VCH [SAT], unable to open device

For details see host's SYSLOG. You can also use the smartctl utility for further investigation.The original email about this issue was sent at Tue Jul 21 10:25:19 2015 MST Another email message will be sent in 24 hours if the problem persists.

Any thought on how I can remove these drives form monitoring? I don't have the drives any longer so I can't plug them in and them stop them.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!