OMV 2.1 and TinyMediaManager

• Hi...just made an upgrade to 2.1 from 1.9. Was wondering if anyone have seen or contemplated on building a plugin of TinyMediaManager?

I have multiple KODI installs around the house and would like to use a program to update the media library once in a while, not running it all the time, trying to conserve CPU and memory. I have not yet looked into the Docker features of OMV, or a headless KODI, but I just might do that if there is no other way around it.

Thank you for your time and for OMV.

• Offizieller Beitrag

There is a docker plugin in the docker testing repo. There is thread about headless xbmc/kodi.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Yeah just read about it, but I'm trying to avoid the overhead. I will read-up on Docker so that I can understand it better. I do not have a need to run Watchdog to keep an eye on my media library, cause there are some issues with CPU usage I believe. Almost every install of my KODI installs have been upgraded to Isengard, except my Raspberry install of Openelec. TMM is just a manager running on Java giving total control of when to run it. Think it's the right tool for the job.

I will check out the Docker repo.

Thx for your reply.

• I have just change my situation on te mediaplayers, maybe something to look at...

I installed plugin Openmediavault-Emby (Emby server).
    On the clients installed kodi with kodi/Emby plugin.
    Done.

Al Kodi clients are using Emby's centralized database.

You can change al metadata and much more on Emby server.

It is working great and fast, I like it.

Some Links...

http://emby.media/community/in…888-emby-for-kodi-10-liv/
    https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Kodi/wiki

Greetings, Ben

• Here is a little update on the progress. I installed Emby/Mono everything and got it to work. Even though that it looks nice and gives a multitude of possibilities, it doesn’t really do what I have planned exactly, without further modifications, so I have decided to revert back and uninstall Emby and the plugins on Kodi.

The route I'm now taking is a FileBot CLI route with XBMC/Kodi automation. Like this. The content of the link only gives an idea of what to expect and I have to fiddle with scripting to get it to work, but this is a better way in my case, of doing sorting, scraping, etc. FileBot can notify multiple Kodi installs to do an update. It does not give me a database like structure, but it's more light to my system.

Emby really requires a well sorted library to be able to fetch the artwork etc. and it frequently pushes my cpu up to some 60-70%. I can see the idea of Emby, but it puts unnecessary strain on the cpu on my relatively low powered machine, hence it's a full blown mediacenter. I really also would like to avoid Mono, it feels kinda bloated and Winblowish. FileBot and Emby could do well together, but then again it's yet another service to take care of. If only I had a more powerful low-power cpu I might just keep it, but I'm also running another server to feed my squeeze-box audio-players, I really have to be conservative with my choices - so FileBot it is. Scripting gives me more control and keep my processes (watt) to a minimum.

Thx for your help. Nice suggestion otherwise.

• pushes my cpu up to some 60-70%

On my nas the cpu is very low when using Emby, only when you watch a movie on your phone or tablet then the cpu raises.

I've never used filebot, but the article in your link I'll definitely read.
    I thought there was an coversation about filebot and scripts by davidh2k on this forum.

Thanks for the update
    Greetings Ben

• I use tinymediamanager from abother windows machine and use smb share to connect to the media folder I have on OMV. Works well for me since it gives me control of naming. I put the media files in separate folders and start the search in tinymediamanager. Once done I complete it by the autorenaming of files and folders.
    How do you like the filebot?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!