How do I change the name of mounted filesystems

• Hello, I just got done re-installing OMV. After creating my Logical volumes and creating file systems on those volumes i remembered something that bugged me. Sometimes i have to ssh into my OMV box to manually adjust, tweak, etc files that are located under these file systems. The mount point (directories) are named by their UUID and it makes it hard for me to find what i am looking for so i ls into each directory until i find the one i want. Is there a way for me to change the mount point (directory) names to something more meaningful so when i ls into /media/ i don't see the UUID labels for directory names? I was going to start tweaking with the fstab but i seem to remember any changes i make to that are over written by OMV. I don't want to make soft links to the directories. If anybody has already solved this or knows of a forum thread that explains this please reply with the link. I tried googling for the answer but i get a lot of information not related to OMV. Thanks, and I appreciate the help.

Brian.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Just use a symbolic link - ln -s /media/long_uuid_for_drive /media/movies. You can use the openmediavault-downloader plugin too. It has a symlink tab.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!