nginx doesn't start

• OMV 2.x

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• nginx doesn't start

Hi All,

sorry if this has been posted in the wrong place.

I restarted my OMV server and now I can't access the webgui,

my monit summary states everything is fine except nginx, which says execution failed,

I am a linux noob, I know only a little, so can anyone out there help me please?

Thank you,
      Ash
      HP Proliant Microserver Gen8 | 10GB RAM | 4TB HDD | 3TB Mirrored HDD | OMV4 (fresh build, hopefully won't have to go back to 3)
    • it's installed on an SSD, for system, do you mean hardware? if so HP Gen8 Microserver, it's been working for a very long time so not sure what's caused a reboot to stop the nginx to stop working
      HP Proliant Microserver Gen8 | 10GB RAM | 4TB HDD | 3TB Mirrored HDD | OMV4 (fresh build, hopefully won't have to go back to 3)
    • can't edit my previous post to add the following if it helps

uname -a returns
      3.2.0-4-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 3.2.68-1+deb7u2 x86_64 GNU/Linux

cat /proc/version returns
      Linux version 3.2.0-4-amd64 (debian-kernel@lists.debian.org) (gcc version 4.6.3 (Debian 4.6.3-14) ) #1 SMP Debian 3.2.68-1+deb7u2
    • did a bit more research and found the log files for nginx, the error log is full of the following line

2015/07/29 18:45:57 [error] 4359#0: *1253008 open() "/var/www/openmediavault/wpad.dat" failed (2: No such file or directory), client: ::ffff:externalIP, server: openmediavault-webgui, request: "GET /wpad.dat HTTP/1.1", host: "wpad"
    • It is easy to find out what is wrong, simply start nginx manually:

Source Code

1. # service nginx restart

You should get displayed why it will not start then.
      Absolutely no support through PM!

I must not fear.
      Fear is the mind-killer.
      Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
      I will face my fear.
      I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
      And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
      Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
      Only I will remain.

Litany against fear by Bene Gesserit