OMV doesn't sync date+time with NTP server

• Does anyone know how to set and make OMV sync date and time with NTP server?

Time on my OMV is all the time wrong unless i input it manually...after some time the time gets offsynced and is not accurate.

I used the default and also some other NTP server to be synced with, but it doesn't work. Please help! 8|

• Offizieller Beitrag

What system? RPi?

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

BananaPi doesn't have a real time clock (just like RPi). Read this.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• Offizieller Beitrag

This isn't an OMV limitation. ntp syncs the system clock with a time server. How do you expect a system without a realtime clock to be sync and maintain a time?? A realtime clock is just a few dollars on ebay.

• BananaPi doesn't have a real time clock (just like RPi). Read this.

The RTC is cheap on eBay and Worth every cent! So many email notifications GONE! Tekkb was a ton of help! He helped me tweak and fix stuff. After you plug the RTC into the I2C pins I'd say it should be about 30-45 minutes or less to have your system clock woes gone!

OMV 2.1.5.1 (Stone burner) ARMHF | RPi 2 + 32GB MicroSDHC UHS-1 48MB/Sec | WD My Book 1140 4TB (Hitachi HDD) USB 3.0 | WD My Book 1230 4TB (WD Green HDD) USB 3.0 | Samsung 2.1Amp PSU

• I agree they should include it. Its really not that big of a deal. But they wanted to cut cost and what not. Otherwise we'd be spending like $50 to $90 like the humingbird boards or what ever they are. lol

OMV 2.1.5.1 (Stone burner) ARMHF | RPi 2 + 32GB MicroSDHC UHS-1 48MB/Sec | WD My Book 1140 4TB (Hitachi HDD) USB 3.0 | WD My Book 1230 4TB (WD Green HDD) USB 3.0 | Samsung 2.1Amp PSU

• I had this problem when first starting and found it worked better when my DNS was set correctly (I'd messed it up).

Date & Time -> Time servers -> 'europe.pool.ntp.org' is meaningless without DNS :whistling:

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!