Volume shows no content

• Hi

I've added one drive, formatted through the web gui and shared with SMB/CIFS.
    It works as expected, I can browse the files from another computer.

Next I added another drive not formatted with OMV but from elementary OS (0.3 based on Ubuntu 14.04), formatted as EXT4.
    I can add it to the share but when i open the folder from my computer the folder is empty.

What gives, do i have to format the drive through OMV to be able to use it, it can't read files already on the drive?

Using OMV 2.1.5.1

/Kringlan

• Offizieller Beitrag

The permissions are probably wrong for you to be able to see. If you have omv-extras installed, use the Reset Permissions tab to fix it.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• It appears it was all me.

When I created the shared folder I did not realize I actually created a folder, I thought i just referenced the volume. I filled in a name which incidentally was the same as the volume name, the path was automatically set to "name/", I thought this was "volume/" not "volume/name/" (not sure I'm making sense here). I did not notice this since the drive i considered working did not have any files to begin with. I found this out when browsing the install through SSH and seeing the extra file/level under "media/...".

The solution was to set the path of the Shared Folder to "/" (no brackets).

Thank you ryecoaaron for your help!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!