[MySQL] datadirectory

• Hi there!
    is it possible, using a workaround or anything else, to use the standard-path (/var/lib/mysql) for the MySQL-Server, instead of any share (without using symlinks), or do i have to use the distri-version of mysql and manage it myself?
    I have an SSD RAID1 only for the operating system and dont want to have the data on a share.

thanks in advance.

• Offizieller Beitrag

The newest version of the plugin, 2.1, doesn't use a location at all. So, it stays in /var/lib/mysql and should do exactly what you want. If someone wants to move it, they have to specify the location in extra options and move the files manually.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

If you are running OMV 2.x and have the omv-extras testing repo enabled, it is.

Code
    $ reprepro ls openmediavault-mysql
    openmediavault-mysql | 0.5.13 |                  sardaukar | i386, amd64, armel, armhf
    openmediavault-mysql | 1.0.16 |                   kralizec | i386, amd64, armel, armhf
    openmediavault-mysql | 2.1 |        stoneburner-testing | i386, amd64, armel, armhf
    openmediavault-mysql | 1.0.16 |                stoneburner | i386, amd64, armel, armhf

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• If someone wants to move it, they have to specify the location in extra options and move the files manually.

And how can i specify it in the extra options. I didn't know the command e.g.

Thx

Cooler Master Elite 110
    ASRock Q1900-ITX
    GeIL Green SO-DIMM 2x2GB, DDR3L-1333
    3x Western Digital WD green 3TB
    1x 60GB BOOT-SSD
    be quiet! System Power 7 300W

• Offizieller Beitrag

And how can i specify it in the extra options. I didn't know the command e.g.

datadir = /media/long_uuid/mysql-data

You do realize that you have to move the files manually, right?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!