[nginx] ( + possible other) non-share directory for websites

• hey there!
    i would like to define a webiste in nginx, using a path on the installation-device (not on a share). I have installed nagios and want to use nginx out of the omv-repo to manage the site.
    is the a way to add the install-device (/dev/sdb1) to use it for plugins/services?

thanks in advance.

• Offizieller Beitrag

You could symlink the shared folder to a location on the OS drive. Not sure if it would give nagios problems. Why do you want it on the OS drive?

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• i have got an nas-setup with 4 disks of storage and a seperated, RAID1-based OS-Device.
    i would like to split the system-services from storage/files and i dont want to have web-data on a share.

a symlink would be a workaround. wouldprefer to use for example /var/www/diretory1, /var/www/diretory2 for docroot(s)

• Offizieller Beitrag

Re-partition the OS raid1 array and create a new partition. Then you can create a shared folder on that array and use it with the nginx plugin.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• thats a good hint.
    because i've done the mistake and installed the OS to one partition, i will reinstall the whole OS, using LVM with different volumes. I hope this will solve my problem.
    Thank you

• Offizieller Beitrag

Why LVM? I don't think it will show up to create a shared folder. You can mirror multiple partitions on the same array.

• lvm because it is flexible.
    as you mentioned, the device is not showing up to create a share.
    I guess it would be much easier if it were possible to use directories which are not on a share.

• Offizieller Beitrag

You shouldn't need flexibility with the OS drive in my opinion. Just partition it and be done. There should be no need to expand it.

Using any directory goes against the prime directive - separate OS and data.

• It is not only about expanding, it's great to have the ability to repartition, if one partition is to big and another to small.

In think, combining a dedicated Server and storage in one device should give you the ability to separate service data, which is not supposed to be accessed by any user beside the service itself and shared data.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!