CUPS Plugin Broken Pipe

• Hi. I was upgrading an ancient Windows 2003 server to the more modern Openmediavault system . Evertything worked fine, easy, beautifully untill I tried to install and share my printer, a Sharp AR-M165, connected to the server via a USB cable:

1) I installed the CUPS plugin from OMW-Extras.org package

2) I selected "add printer" from the plugin menu and selected the following options:

When I try to print a test page all the printer does is to whirr and "work" in a loop, bot no printed page comes out from it.

Thinking that was a driver issue, I downloaded the driver from the manufacturer page, a driver called AR-M165/M207 PS Printer-Driver Linux GB (v.1.2).

I tried to install it from the advanced printer configuration: CUPS for administrators > Adding Printers and Classes > Add printer and providing the PPS file that I obtained from the manufacturer page, but I get the following error:

I'm stuck and I don't know what else to do, I would really appreciate some help, please.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!