Partitioning the OS disk for application data

• I'm trying to partition my SSD which has OMV installed on there so that I can install all of my application data (plex data, for example) on there, instead of the mechanical drives, however I've encountered an issue.

I used GParted to shrink the OS disk by 15GB however when I now reboot, I get "L 99 99 99 99 ...." printed on the screen.

I've checked the flags on the original partition are set to boot, and the BIOS is configured to boot from the SSD first.

I'm now unsure what to do to correct this. Can anyone help?

• when you used Gparted the UUID of the partition where OMV is installed changed.

use gparted to check the UUID of the boot partition that you have now is the same UUID listed in /etc/fstab.
    if they are not the same change the UUID of the partition using gparted so that they match

• Offizieller Beitrag

Why did you set boot flag? That's not necessary, after grub loads everything is handled from there.

try to remove the boot flag, also when you partition did you allocate space to the right or left?. If you did allocate to the right meaning that you left sda1 to become sda2 or another and you didn't update grub, well....you have a problem there.

• Thanks for the replies.

I hadn't changed any flags - the partition was already set to boot.

Also, I had Lilo installed, and not Grub, however I've since installed Grub to rectify it. During installation, the OS disk was labelled SDB and not SDA as it was expecting.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!