Are these the correct commands to write OMV image to a Micro SD card for my Raspberry PI 2?

• Hiya,

Is this command with parameters alright to use to write the omv_2.0.15_rpi_rpi2.img to my 16GB Micro SD card?
    The micro sd card is already fat16 formatted [brand new]

Not sure about the blocksize so any help is advised, also is the fat16 by default ok?

Code
    sudo umount /dev/sde
    sudo dd bs=1M if=/media/Data/Raspberry-pi/omv_2.0.15_rpi_rpi2.img of=/dev/sde
    sync

Edit: I found somewhere that it would be good to zero wipe the SD card before with:

Code
    dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sde bs=4M

Thank you.

DISCLAIMER: I'm not a native English speaker, I'm really sorry if I don't explain as good as you would like... :)

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Wabun ()

• Offizieller Beitrag

That is the correct command. No need to zero before writing the image.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Just to let you know, the PI 2 is up and running and it is working fine, many thanks.

DISCLAIMER: I'm not a native English speaker, I'm really sorry if I don't explain as good as you would like... :)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!