RAID 6 gone, physical drives visible

• Offizieller Beitrag

What is the output of: mdadm -A /dev/md127

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• thx alex

• @ahab666 I have no idea how to help you any further as my knowledge with a software raid config in OMV is very limited.

Perhaps I may suggest you 'if you can recover your data' to use your LSI hardware raid and create virtual disks if you want more then one virtual disk.
    I have many servers running with LSI cards and in my opinion there is nothing better then hardware raids.
    I know it is an old fashion idea, specially with zfs, but in your particular case I would definitely go for doing all in your LSI.

Any questions about how to do this with your LSI raid controller I am happy to assist with.

Kind regards,

DISCLAIMER: I'm not a native English speaker, I'm really sorry if I don't explain as good as you would like... :)

• @ahab666

I would have a look at this disk as it seems the troublemaker, hang it in a different computer and check the SMART.
    If it was mine and I noticed something not quite right I would do a DBAN zero wipe with verify after each sector write.
    Then check SMART again, to see if it re-allocated sectors, then at least you know more about the disk.
    But please do understand i have no clue about software raid, but in the LSI hardware raid a DBAN and putting it back would do a rebuild.
    Perhaps someone could confirm it works same way in a software raid with OMV?

mdadm: added /dev/sdj to /dev/md127 as 7 (possibly out of date)

I noticed it was coming back your raid and tried to rebuild, perhaps there is something really wrong with that disk and OMV failed to rebuild it.

DISCLAIMER: I'm not a native English speaker, I'm really sorry if I don't explain as good as you would like... :)

• and thx - alex

• then let out the level parameter:
    mdadm --assemble /dev/md127 /dev/sd[bcdefghijklm] --verbose --force

That was the command you used and the raid came back, but you must check that disk first!

• @ahab666

Alex, I scrolled through your last post, and after looking again [was confusing as you pasted all in go] i noticed your raid is in the mdam config file.
    /etc/mdadm/mdadm.conf
    ARRAY /dev/md/OMV metadata=1.2 UUID=6230a09b:2bd2f0af:b6f72e19:46e3b8b3 name=OMV:OMV

Code
    update-initramfs -u

and a reboot should do the trick then.

• Code
    root@OMV:~# cat /proc/mdstat
    Personalities : [raid6] [raid5] [raid4]
    md127 : inactive sdb[0] sdl[11] sdk[10] sdj[9] sdi[12] sdh[6] sdg[5] sdf[4] sde[3] sdd[2] sdc[1]
          32231490632 blocks super 1.2

unused devices: <none>

and

Code
    root@OMV:~# mdadm --detail --scan
    mdadm: cannot open /dev/md/OMV: No such file or directory
  • @ahab666

Did you check the hard-disk?

have you run

Code
    mdadm --assemble /dev/md127 /dev/sd[bcdefghijklm] --verbose --force

before the

Code
    update-initramfs -u

• The array is not named correctly. See line 20/21:

Code
    # definitions of existing MD arrays
    ARRAY /dev/md/OMV metadata=1.2 UUID=6230a09b:2bd2f0af:b6f72e19:46e3b8b3 name=OMV:OMV

dev/md/OMV is not a valid RAID 

• @WastlJ

I think that's the left over from the point his raid was recovered but crashed!

The mdadm/kernel setup could create the default mdadm.conf file with --name=NAS.
    When a --name parameter is set, a random (seems to always be 127) md device is created that actually symlinks to /dev/md/NAS
    That are 2 differences I think, but it depends on his configuration, I think he has called his one simple OMV.

After your commands he should also run the update-initramfs -u

But I warned him to check the disk first as that seems to be the culprit to me.
    As he was waiting for days I thought I jumped into, but if you prefer I will vanish in helping.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Wabun ()

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!