Having all sorts of permission problems with Sonarr, Nzbget and so forth. Could it be AUFS pooling?

• No matter what I do, no matter the permissions I set for directories, files, and so forth. I am constantly getting a "lock path violation", anytime Sonarr or couchpotato attempt to move a movie or television series. The directory they are going into, and coming out of, both have proper permissions. NZBget is set for a umask of 000.

Everything was working great the first day, now I am getting the permission errors. With sickrage, sickbeard, it's all the same.

I was reading that AUF's pooling can cause permission problems sometimes.

I am debating about buying a third hard-drive, and just doing a RAID 5. Will I run into similar issues using RAID?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Just don't use the pool. Tell sabnzbd and sonarr to use a branch disk. I don't use aufs or pooling but I am under the suspicion in previous posts about this problem about mhdfs and aufs.

create a share with in one of the disks a new one, use from that one to accommodate everything.
    also don't forget to assign file mode (umask) in Sab so it doesn't have issues with sonarr.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Writing to an aufs branch can cause more problems than writing to the pool in a lot of cases.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

@Scrimp avoid the usage of hardlinking in sonarr, just in case you have it enabled. Also to keeps things is balance best thing is to keep permissions in balance.

So instead of using a branch disk for allocating data just there, reset permission in each branch disk. That would make things go smooth if things need to move across different filesystems.

• I previously tried setting the permissions in each individual branch. I still had problems.

I took your advice and I am currently writing to a branch disk. It is working perfectly. It writes to a folder on the branch disk, then sonarr and or potato move it into the pool, in a separate directory (no conflicts). This is working perfectly.

So if anyone is reading this, it has worked for me.

I still may do a Raid 5 with three disks. It seems a bit less like getting it working with duct tape.

I will update if it stops working, just incase anyone finds this via a search.

• Offizieller Beitrag

It may work writing to a branch but it won't balance across the aufs pool. I think you either need to try mhddfs or use raid.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• I use AUFS pooling (older version) across 8 drives and have all app using the pools with no permissions issues. After setting up OMV I did reset permissions on every shared folder in the pool.

[align=center]banner@1x.jpg
    What I am watching/watched on my Popcorn Hour media player
    omv 2.1.1 stoneburner | 64 bit | omvextrasorg 1.29
    MySQL (Percona[size=8]) | Newznab | Sonarr | CP | HP | NZBget | YAMJ | CUPS

• Offizieller Beitrag

Sorry to hijack this thread, but with some issues I've seen with AUFS, how long is overlayfs away from OMV, and is it the silver bullet a single pool spanning multiple disks?

overlayfs needs newer kernel than even the backports 3.16 meaning Jessie meaning OMV 3.x. Haven't tried it so not sure if it will fix everything.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!