What is the best entry level UPS for OMV

• Offizieller Beitrag

That should work. I would look at the cyberpower models (like CP600LCD) as well. I like them better than APC.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Hi clooner

I use the following, though I know its the UK amazon site but probably got the same on the .com site, http://www.amazon.co.uk/PowerW…=1-3&keywords=PowerWalker . I connect it using a standard computer lead and it connects to my NAS via a USB lead so that OMV can monitor it using the UPS module, with the following setting:

driver = blazer_usb
    port = /dev/ttyS0

in the driver configuration screen of the UPS module in OMV.

It has saved me from system crashes several times now (I Live in a bad power area) and gives me around 50 minutes of power, though I stick to shutting down at 1200 secs in the UPS settings.

Its a good entry level UPS at a third of the price of an equivalent APC one.

Cheers

Andy

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I may be a confused
    ?( user but I have donated, so shouldn't you too!"

Silverstone DS380B 4+8 Bay NAS Case - ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac - Intel i5 4590T - SuperMicro AOC-SAS2LP MV8 8Port SATA Card - 60GB SSD (OMV OS), 3 x 500GB 2.5" Internal HDD (Non-RAID Plugin Data Folders & Backups) and 8 x 3TB HotSwap HDD (Data RAID 6) - PowerWalker Inline UPS

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Andy3252 ()

• The UPS works by connection to a standard house power outlet and then the OMV server is plugged into the UPS with a standard computer power lead (the powerwalker has different power outlet configurations for respective countries - I just chose the three pin computer lead type). This means the server uses mains power via the UPS under normal conditions, though it is filtered to even out the output stopping spikes etc., and under loss of power the battery kicks in and powers the server for x minutes, x being around 50 minutes in my case, though it only powers the OMV server and a router. The USB lead is just connected to a usb port on the server and the other end into the usb port (Type B) on the powerwalker. This is so OMV can monitor its power feed and if power fails and the UPS goes onto battery power the server can do a clean shutdown. The OMV UPS plugin management screen allows you to state how long to remain on battery before it does this, as I said in my case its set to 1200 seconds (20 minutes) and then it shutsdown if no mains power is restored.

You can have an unmonitored UPS but that means OMV will not know when to shutdown cleanly if the battery runs down too low on a power failure.

Hope all this helps,

Andy

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I may be a confused
    ?( user but I have donated, so shouldn't you too!"

Silverstone DS380B 4+8 Bay NAS Case - ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac - Intel i5 4590T - SuperMicro AOC-SAS2LP MV8 8Port SATA Card - 60GB SSD (OMV OS), 3 x 500GB 2.5" Internal HDD (Non-RAID Plugin Data Folders & Backups) and 8 x 3TB HotSwap HDD (Data RAID 6) - PowerWalker Inline UPS

• Offizieller Beitrag

You will be very happy with the CyberPower unit.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I use Tripp Lite devices. If anyone is looking at them Provantage usually has really good prices.

With my devices the server is normally running off the Battery for the pure sign wave and AVR. The power from the wall is just charging the battery. Mine do not run when the battery is completely dead. The batteries have to have a charge within certain parameters before the device will run. I have a charger if needed. It is good idea to buy a new battery before it is completely gone.

I'm not sure on the Cyberpower. Maybe Aaron can explain if you might face the same. I don't know if this device keeps track of the battery's age.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!