Drive disappears from file system, can no longer access my shared folders

• Hello
    I kindly ask for your help

I run OMV 2.1.1 and recently I replaced the main drive used for storage

tonight I used WinScp to move some files from an external HDD to the new main HDD of the unit - I got some errors and afterwards the filesystem of the main HDD simply disappeared from the OMV interface and I no longer can acces my shared folders. WinScp does not see anything inside this drive as well.

this is how it looks now: the drive exists and it is seen in the Physical Disks tab - it is the one with 931 Gb, the other one being the system disk

and this is the filesystem page where this drive is no longer visible, but instead I get this "OMV.data.Store.ImplicitModel" thingie.
    actually there are 2 of them because one appeared after I removed the initial HDD used for storage.
    needless to say, I did not remove these drives while the machine was on, because they are fitted inside as internal harddrives (the system disk is plugged on USB)

I would really like my shared folders back.
    If I try to create a new filesystem I can see the volume, but this means losing all the data.

thank you for your help.

• the first device is my missing hdd
    the second one is the previous storage disk which I removed
    last one is the OMV system disk

Code
    {"total":3,"data":
    [{"devicefile":"","uuid":"8def1458-b29f-43b4-b219-0e2751fb2e2e ","label":"n\/a","type":"ext4","blocks":"-1","mounted":false,"mountable":true,"m ountpoint":"\/media\/8def1458-b29f-43b4-b219-0e2751fb2e2e","used":"-1","availabl e":"-1","size":"-1","percentage":-1,"description":"","propposixacl":true,"propqu ota":true,"propresize":true,"propfstab":true,"status":3,"_used":true},
    {"devicefi le":"","uuid":"20d70270-496f-4db2-ab18-546a9ffa9c7f","label":"n\/a","type":"xfs" ,"blocks":"-1","mounted":false,"mountable":true,"mountpoint":"\/media\/20d70270- 496f-4db2-ab18-546a9ffa9c7f","used":"-1","available":"-1","size":"-1","percentag e":-1,"description":"","propposixacl":true,"propquota":true,"propresize":true,"p ropfstab":true,"status":3,"_used":true},
    {"devicefile":"\/dev\/sdb1","uuid":"4ecd 480b-2281-4221-8a29-1ccabda88384","label":"","type":"ext4","blocks":"36846160"," mounted":true,"mountpoint":"\/","used":"2.71 GiB","available":"32902017024","siz e":"37730467840","percentage":9,"description":"\/dev\/sdb1 (30.64 GiB available) ","propposixacl":true,"propquota":true,"propresize":true,"propfstab":true,"propr eadonly":false,"_readonly":true,"_used":true,"status":1}]}
  • just one more thought: I also use and have used an external HDD connected via USB which I removed and plugged in many times, even without unmounting prior to removal, and there were no problems.

so I think this is a problem related to the fact that these 2 drives were fitted as internal hard drives - do not know whether this is relevant or not.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Please execute the following command:

Code
    # blkid
    # omv-config -s /config/system/fstab

I think this would not really help, but i assume your /dev/sda device does not contain a filesystem, otherwise it would be in the returned list of the FileSystemMgmt::getList RPC.

Anyway, i've identified the display problem with the strange device names.

• thank you
    I will try the commands when I get home, right now I'm at work.

my /dev/sda device definetely contained a filesystem, I created it with OMV (ext4), I copied files to it and I was able to access the shared folders on it before it disappeared, so something must have happened to it.

if you are saying that because it is not in the returned list of the FileSystemMgmt::getList RPC then it is probable there is no file system on it, then this means the filesystem was somehow deleted or corrupeted - could this be a hardware problem with the disk itself?

I am wondering what solutions I have to access the data on this disk.

• update:
    - the clean OMV install resolved the issue with the strange device names, as expected
    - the data on my disk was lost, as the new OMV install did not see a filesystem there; also I could not read the disk in Windows with a linux partition reader

it appears that the action of moving some files with WinSCP made the data irrecoverable.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!