SnapRaid 8 - best way to automate

• Hi All,

After a rebuild of OMV on 2.1 I have setup Snapraid 8.1 again and want to know the best way to keep the disks updated automatically.
    I used to run nightly the omv-snapraid-diff script but this was quite old and wonder if I still should be using that to automate. I should also mention I had issues with what I supect was AUFS in the past so have taken this out of this particular build, but the issue could have been related to the omv-snapraid-diff script. That particular issue was permissions across files and one drive not getting updated with permissions and deletions causing "invalid device" when accessing files.

Is this omv-snapraid-diff script still required or is there some sort of automation built into OMV that I can run through cron?

• ...the omv-snapraid-diff script but this was quite old

It wasn't changed a long time, but it still works. What did not work for you? Newer is not better

Is this omv-snapraid-diff script still required or is there some sort of automation built into OMV that I can run through cron?

You can do a sync also with cron, but with the script you can choose, not to sync if more than X files are changed or setup scrubbing

• Hi Solo,
    I had issues with permissions and deleted data still appearing on member drives but I suspect this was a AUFS issue so this build I am avoiding it.
    Thanks for clarifying I just wanted to ensure I was following best practices on this and it sounds like its still current.

• Hi,
    I'm interrested in the snapraid automation too.
    So I have to add a cron job, and run omv-snapraid-diff script?
    But what is the meaning of the script update parameter in that case (default 7 days)?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!