linear raid gone after reboot

• Hello,

I have the same problem as so many others and I have already read lots of threads regarding this issue.
    However, I have not found a solution for my problem.

I have rebooted my OMV and all of a sudden my linear raid consisting of two brand new 6 TB WD Red disks was gone.
    It was not the first time I rebooted the server, nor have I done something special before the reboot (I was resetting the permissions on a shared folder, because it was read-only for some reason).

I work as a developer and I think I have quite some technical knowledge, but my experience with raids is little and I'm a Linux newbie ;)

Here is the output from the support tab:

If it is neccessary I can reformat everything as the data is still available on my old NAS, but I had to copy 4 TB over the network, which I would not like to repeat if possible ;)

Any help would be highly appreciated!

Thanks,
    Robert

• Offizieller Beitrag

A pool solution is something we're you grab two formated and mounted filesystems and join them into another mount point. That mount point will display contents from both disks as they were one. If both are empty, depending on the solution folders will be created in a way to keep the usage balanced.
    if one of the disk fails you'll loose data from that disk only.

wipe the disks means deleting its contents and erasing the partition signature.

• I read a few posts in the meanwhile about AUFS and it seems to be a bit problematic when it comes to permissions.

Is it really a better solution than a linear raid? Or should I wait for overlayfs?

Thanks

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!