openmediavault-docker-gui Testing

• OMV 2.x

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I have a very similar problem, just a slightly different error:

Source Code

1. Error #0:
      2. exception 'OMVModuleDockerException' with message 'Error: "couldn't connect to host" - Code: 7' in /usr/share/omvdocker/Utils.php:63
      3. Stack trace:
      4. #0 /usr/share/omvdocker/Utils.php(125): OMVModuleDockerUtil::doApiCall('http://localhos...')
      5. #1 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/docker.inc(145): OMVModuleDockerUtil::getImages('42005', true)
      6. #2 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceDocker->getImages(Array, Array)
      7. #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
      8. #4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(79): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('getImages', Array, Array)
      9. #5 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(500): OMVRpc::exec('Docker', 'getImages', Array, Array, 1)
      10. #6 {main}
      Any ideas why this is happening? I'm running fully updated OMV 2.2.8 btw.
    • Hope it's okay to post this here, but I have a feature request.

What I feel would be really useful is if a url can be configured for each container that leads to the web interface for that container. Then we would have a button next to each running container that opens the web interface. Would save a lot of bookmarking and hunting around for the right url.
    • voodooman wrote:

I have a very similar problem, just a slightly different error:

Source Code

1. Error #0:
      2. exception 'OMVModuleDockerException' with message 'Error: "couldn't connect to host" - Code: 7' in /usr/share/omvdocker/Utils.php:63
      3. Stack trace:
      4. #0 /usr/share/omvdocker/Utils.php(125): OMVModuleDockerUtil::doApiCall('http://localhos...')
      5. #1 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/docker.inc(145): OMVModuleDockerUtil::getImages('42005', true)
      7. #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
      8. #4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(79): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('getImages', Array, Array)
      9. #5 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(500): OMVRpc::exec('Docker', 'getImages', Array, Array, 1)
      10. #6 {main}
      I have same issue on OMV 3.0.45 but no solution yet
    • activ wrote:

Hope it's okay to post this here, but I have a feature request.

What I feel would be really useful is if a url can be configured for each container that leads to the web interface for that container. Then we would have a button next to each running container that opens the web interface. Would save a lot of bookmarking and hunting around for the right url.
      This would be a nice feature, but I'm afraid it's quite cumbersome to achieve. I'll try to explain here:

When you configure a Docker image you can specify yourself which port(s) the service should listen on. There is no way for the plugin to (automatically) know which port(s) a potential web-ui is listening on unless the user specifies this themselves. Then this port would have to be stored in the OMV backend together with the actual Docker container info. Currently the plugin does not store any information regarding the running containers so this would require some design change as to how the plugin works.

I'm not saying it can't be done, just that it would probably require quite some effort for (in my opinion) limited gain. Of course I may be completely wrong and lots of people wants this :)

Anyway, requests like this are very much appreciated since that's the best (only) way to get info on what users want from the plugin, so keep them coming :)
    • free2k wrote:

voodooman wrote:

Source Code

1. Error #0:
      3. Stack trace:
      10. #6 {main}
      I have the same issue. Any fix?
    • master00 wrote:

free2k wrote:

voodooman wrote:

I have the same issue. Any fix?

It probably has something to do with faulty installation & dependencies issues. Here's my installation log:

Source Code

1. >>> *************** Error ***************
      2. Failed to execute command 'export LANG=C; export DEBIAN_FRONTEND=noninteractive; apt-get --yes --force-yes --fix-missing --allow-unauthenticated --reinstall install openmediavault-docker-gui 2>&1': Reading package lists...
      3. Building dependency tree...
      4. Reading state information...
      5. The following extra packages will be installed:
      6. docker-engine
      7. Recommended packages:
      8. aufs-tools cgroupfs-mount cgroup-lite
      9. The following NEW packages will be installed:
      10. docker-engine openmediavault-docker-gui
      11. 0 upgraded, 2 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
      12. Need to get 28.2 MB of archives.
      13. After this operation, 102 MB of additional disk space will be used.
      14. WARNING: The following packages cannot be authenticated!
      15. docker-engine openmediavault-docker-gui
      16. Authentication warning overridden.
      17. Get:1 https://apt.dockerproject.org/repo/ debian-wheezy/main docker-engine amd64 1.12.3-0~wheezy [28.1 MB]
      18. Get:2 https://dl.bintray.com/openmediavault-plugin-developers/stoneburner-docker/ wheezy/main openmediavault-docker-gui amd64 0.2.22 [36.6 kB]
      19. Fetched 28.2 MB in 10s (2691 kB/s)
      20. Selecting previously unselected package docker-engine.
      21. (Reading database ...
      22. 40178 files and directories currently installed.)
      23. Unpacking docker-engine (from .../docker-engine_1.12.3-0~wheezy_amd64.deb) ...
      24. Selecting previously unselected package openmediavault-docker-gui.
      25. Unpacking openmediavault-docker-gui (from .../openmediavault-docker-gui_0.2.22_amd64.deb) ...
      26. Processing triggers for man-db ...
      27. Processing triggers for openmediavault ...
      28. Restarting engine daemon ...
      29. Setting up docker-engine (1.12.3-0~wheezy) ...
      30. Configuration file `/etc/default/docker'
      31. ==> File on system created by you or by a script.
      32. ==> File also in package provided by package maintainer.
      33. What would you like to do about it ? Your options are:
      34. Y or I : install the package maintainer's version
      35. N or O : keep your currently-installed version
      36. D : show the differences between the versions
      37. Z : start a shell to examine the situation
      38. The default action is to keep your current version.
      39. *** docker (Y/I/N/O/D/Z) [default=N] ? dpkg: error processing docker-engine (--configure):
      40. EOF on stdin at conffile prompt
      41. dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of openmediavault-docker-gui:
      42. openmediavault-docker-gui depends on docker-engine; however:
      43. Package docker-engine is not configured yet.
      44. dpkg: error processing openmediavault-docker-gui (--configure):
      45. dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
      46. Errors were encountered while processing:
      47. docker-engine
      48. openmediavault-docker-gui
      49. Creating index of upgradeable packages ...
      50. Creating index of openmediavault plugins ...
      51. E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
      52. <<< *************************************
      Display All
      Can anyone make sense of this? nicjo814?
    • For OMV Erasmus, with just stable repo enabled, it is not possible to install Docker gui?

Im receiving a lot of errors with the following config:
      USB root disk with flashmemory plugin.
      Docker folder for images moved from root drive into ZFS drive.
      Using 4.7 backports kernel and Docker-gui-testing repo and stable enabled

Seems I cant enable docker with dockerfolder other places

Error

Shell-Script

1. Error #0:
      2. exception 'OMV\ExecException' with message 'Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; rm --recursive --force '/var/lib/docker/openmediavault' 2>&1' with exit code '1': rm: cannot remove '/var/lib/docker/openmediavault': Device or resource busy' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/process.inc:175
      3. Stack trace:
      4. #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/mountpoint.inc(206): OMV\System\Process->execute()
      5. #1 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/module/fstab.inc(106): OMV\System\MountPoint->unlinkDir()
      6. #2 [internal function]: OMVModuleFsTab->deleteEntry(Array)
      7. #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/engine/module/moduleabstract.inc(145): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
      8. #4 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/module/fstab.inc(44): OMV\Engine\Module\ModuleAbstract->execTasks('delete')
      9. #5 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(147): OMVModuleFsTab->stopService()
      10. #6 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceConfig->applyChanges(Array, Array)
      11. #7 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(124): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
      12. #8 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(150): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChanges', Array, Array)
      13. #9 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(528): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->OMV\Rpc\{closure}('/tmp/bgstatusS9...', '/tmp/bgoutputdz...')
      14. #10 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(151): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->execBgProc(Object(Closure))
      15. #11 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(208): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethodBg('applyChanges', Array, Array)
      16. #12 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceConfig->applyChangesBg(Array, Array)
      17. #13 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(124): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
      18. #14 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(84): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChangesBg', Array, Array)
      19. #15 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(516): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Config', 'applyChangesBg', Array, Array, 1)
      20. #16 {main}
      Display All

EDIT: turned out that there was an error with ZFS plugin and perl locale (looked like pool was mounted which is was not, and omv-mkconfig fsb could not run because of locale error). got both fixed, and then docker is running like a charm

The post was edited 1 time, last by bug11: Solved ().

• subzero79 wrote:

voodooman wrote:

I'm running default kernel 3.2.0-4-amd64.
      That's a problem. Upgrade to bpo kernel. Under omvextras you shosuld see a button. After that reboot and try again.

Upgraded, rebooted, docker-gui installation now finishes without errors, but when I enable it I get a similar error as before:

Source Code

1. Error #0:
      3. Stack trace:
      4. #0 /usr/share/omvdocker/Utils.php(180): OMVModuleDockerUtil::doApiCall('http://localhos...')
      5. #1 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/docker.inc(354): OMVModuleDockerUtil::getContainers('42005')
      6. #2 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceDocker->getContainers(Array, Array)
      8. #4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(79): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('getContainers', Array, Array)
      9. #5 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(500): OMVRpc::exec('Docker', 'getContainers', Array, Array, 1)
      10. #6 {main}
    • bug11 wrote:

that error means that Docker service is running but the plugin thinks it is not running, or opposite.

You need to stop docker service (service docker stop in terminal) and disable plugin. And then start plugin with manually entered port 42005.

I have had that error a few times, and this usually solves it
      Thanks, that fixed it!

I manually shut down the docker service (logged into terminal, and ran "service docker stop"), disabled the plugin in omv gui, restarted the server for good measure. Then I restarted the docker service, manually entered port 42005 in Docker OMV gui (even though it was already set to 42005), turned on the plugin and everything works fine. Hopefully I won't have to do this every time I restart the server.
    • Just installed docker-gui after finally realizing we had one, if docker is not installed though would we be able to install it with docker-gui plugin install?

I also noticed a few errors on install.

Source Code

1. WARNING: The function 'omv_config_add_element' is deprecated.

And these when I enable it:

Source Code

1. Error #0:
      2. exception 'OMVModuleDockerException' with message 'Error: "Failed to connect to localhost port 42005: Connection refused" - Code: 7' in /usr/share/omvdocker/Utils.php:73
      3. Stack trace:
      4. #0 /usr/share/omvdocker/Utils.php(208): OMVModuleDockerUtil::doApiCall('http://localhos...')
      5. #1 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/docker.inc(1413): OMVModuleDockerUtil::getImage('b59cb78e345b', 42005)
      6. #2 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceDocker->getDockerRepo(Array, Array)
      7. #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(124): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
      8. #4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(84): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('getDockerRepo', Array, Array)
      9. #5 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(516): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Docker', 'getDockerRepo', Array, Array, 1)
      10. #6 {main}
      11. OK
      Display All
    • activ wrote:

Hey guys.

I'm feeling a bit stupid at the moment, for some reason I cannot figure out how to update an image/container from the docker-gui without staring from scratch.

Can someone please point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
      activ
      You need to stop container and pull again is the easiest way.

Source Code

1. docker stop container
      2. docker pull image/image
    • Pheoxy wrote:

WARNING: The function 'omv_config_add_element' is deprecated.
      This is a warning not an error. It is fine. The plugin just needs to be updated for the latest OMV changes.
      omv 3.0.87 erasmus | 64 bit | 4.9 backport kernel | omvextrasorg 3.4.26
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers

Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!