openmediavault-docker-gui Testing

• Offizieller Beitrag

github is an option. I'm not sure I want to leave my server running here at my current job where someone could turn it off and it is 45 minutes away. I need a host for my other domains and forum as well. So, I have been looking into hosting too. Not worried about the server itself :)

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

I like the github idea but the biggest problem is you need to generate the package lists and checksums and upload those as well (reprepro does this now). I'm not sure how to integrate this into the dev plugin.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Offizieller Beitrag

Will have to check it out :) I like the Free for OSS Distribution! part! Can host dockers too.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I created a bintray organization here. Still trying to figure out how to enable apt repo.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I added the omv developer key for automatic signing. Guess we will have to signing via rest though. Guess that makes it easy to add to the dev plugin though :) Did you sign up? I can add you (or you can request to join the group).

• Offizieller Beitrag

Sent you invite. Have a repo setup. Works well but I can definitely see how use rest api would speed everything up.

• Wow, I guess that would solve our small signing problem once and for all, doesn't it?

Also, they have download statistics[b][/b]. :) Sold.

Also, I see they can also Host Docker images too, might be a way to seperate "our" images, too.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Yep, it pretty much solves everything :) Sign up and I will add you.

• https://bintrayblog.files.wordpress.com/2015/04/excel.png

8)8o

Did you sign up or did you reuse github auth?

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I signed up and then linked my github.

• Registered. Haven't linked it, yet. Already has my Avatar. 8)

Greetings
    David

• Back on topic then after a short detour into the marvelous world of repository management? ;)

I've added a change log to the 1'st post. I'll keep it updated when new versions are released. Now I need more ideas on how to improve the plugin! My know-how of Docker is at an end so I don't know what to do next...

• Hello,

I've tried to create a Docker Container, but everytime I get the following error Message:

Code
    Fehler #0:
    exception 'OMVModuleDockerException' with message '837b3c003cbc96d728dfaab6b62ff0e12635409dee5003b56f912b7a31f2a373
    Error response from daemon: Cannot start container 837b3c003cbc96d728dfaab6b62ff0e12635409dee5003b56f912b7a31f2a373: [8] System error: permission denied' in /usr/share/omvdocker/Utils.php:416
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/docker.inc(474): OMVModuleDockerUtil::exec('docker run -d -...', Array, 1)
    #1 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceDocker->runContainer(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(79): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('runContainer', Array, Array)
    #4 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(500): OMVRpc::exec('Docker', 'runContainer', Array, Array, 1)
    #5 {main}

I've installed OMV in a Virtualbox to test this Plugin.
    Then I installed the Docker Plugin and after I've activated it I slected a different location of the Docker base path.
    Then I pulled the Debian Jessie Image for testing.
    When I tried to "Run Image" with an Image Name and selected "Restart on System reboot" I get the messages above

Do you need anymore Infos to help?

• Have you installed the backports kernel in the OMV-extras plugin and then restarted the VM? Could you also try to update all packages in the VM and see if that helps (apt-get update && apt-get upgrade). I can't seem to reproduce the issue, but some people running Ubuntu have reported strange permission denied issues with Docker...

• Hello,

Yes Backports Kernel is installed and all packages are up-to-date.

I had the omv-docker 0.4 plugin installed before and i had no problems with starting containers.
    Then I purged it and deleted all data i could find with docker in its name to test the omv-docker-gui plugin.

Maybe i will do a fresh install and test if it is working after that

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!