openmediavault-docker-gui Testing

• I have a very similar problem, just a slightly different error:

Code
    Error #0:
    exception 'OMVModuleDockerException' with message 'Error: "couldn't connect to host" - Code: 7' in /usr/share/omvdocker/Utils.php:63
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/omvdocker/Utils.php(125): OMVModuleDockerUtil::doApiCall('http://localhos...')
    #1 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/docker.inc(145): OMVModuleDockerUtil::getImages('42005', true)
    #2 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceDocker->getImages(Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(79): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('getImages', Array, Array)
    #5 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(500): OMVRpc::exec('Docker', 'getImages', Array, Array, 1)
    #6 {main}

Any ideas why this is happening? I'm running fully updated OMV 2.2.8 btw.

• Hope it's okay to post this here, but I have a feature request.

What I feel would be really useful is if a url can be configured for each container that leads to the web interface for that container. Then we would have a button next to each running container that opens the web interface. Would save a lot of bookmarking and hunting around for the right url.

• I have a very similar problem, just a slightly different error:

Code
    Error #0:
    exception 'OMVModuleDockerException' with message 'Error: "couldn't connect to host" - Code: 7' in /usr/share/omvdocker/Utils.php:63
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/omvdocker/Utils.php(125): OMVModuleDockerUtil::doApiCall('http://localhos...')
    #1 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/docker.inc(145): OMVModuleDockerUtil::getImages('42005', true)
    #2 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceDocker->getImages(Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(79): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('getImages', Array, Array)
    #5 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(500): OMVRpc::exec('Docker', 'getImages', Array, Array, 1)
    #6 {main}

Any ideas why this is happening? I'm running fully updated OMV 2.2.8 btw.

I have same issue on OMV 3.0.45 but no solution yet

• Hope it's okay to post this here, but I have a feature request.

What I feel would be really useful is if a url can be configured for each container that leads to the web interface for that container. Then we would have a button next to each running container that opens the web interface. Would save a lot of bookmarking and hunting around for the right url.

This would be a nice feature, but I'm afraid it's quite cumbersome to achieve. I'll try to explain here:

When you configure a Docker image you can specify yourself which port(s) the service should listen on. There is no way for the plugin to (automatically) know which port(s) a potential web-ui is listening on unless the user specifies this themselves. Then this port would have to be stored in the OMV backend together with the actual Docker container info. Currently the plugin does not store any information regarding the running containers so this would require some design change as to how the plugin works.

I'm not saying it can't be done, just that it would probably require quite some effort for (in my opinion) limited gain. Of course I may be completely wrong and lots of people wants this :)

Anyway, requests like this are very much appreciated since that's the best (only) way to get info on what users want from the plugin, so keep them coming :)

• I have the same issue. Any fix?

It probably has something to do with faulty installation & dependencies issues. Here's my installation log:

Can anyone make sense of this? nicjo814?

• For OMV Erasmus, with just stable repo enabled, it is not possible to install Docker gui?

Im receiving a lot of errors with the following config:
    USB root disk with flashmemory plugin.
    Docker folder for images moved from root drive into ZFS drive.
    Using 4.7 backports kernel and Docker-gui-testing repo and stable enabled

Seems I cant enable docker with dockerfolder other places

Error

EDIT: turned out that there was an error with ZFS plugin and perl locale (looked like pool was mounted which is was not, and omv-mkconfig fsb could not run because of locale error). got both fixed, and then docker is running like a charm

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von bug11 () aus folgendem Grund: Solved

• That's a problem. Upgrade to bpo kernel. Under omvextras you shosuld see a button. After that reboot and try again.

Upgraded, rebooted, docker-gui installation now finishes without errors, but when I enable it I get a similar error as before:

Code
    Error #0:
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/omvdocker/Utils.php(180): OMVModuleDockerUtil::doApiCall('http://localhos...')
    #1 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/docker.inc(354): OMVModuleDockerUtil::getContainers('42005')
    #2 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceDocker->getContainers(Array, Array)
    #4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(79): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('getContainers', Array, Array)
    #5 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(500): OMVRpc::exec('Docker', 'getContainers', Array, Array, 1)
    #6 {main}
  • that error means that Docker service is running but the plugin thinks it is not running, or opposite.

You need to stop docker service (service docker stop in terminal) and disable plugin. And then start plugin with manually entered port 42005.

I have had that error a few times, and this usually solves it

• that error means that Docker service is running but the plugin thinks it is not running, or opposite.

You need to stop docker service (service docker stop in terminal) and disable plugin. And then start plugin with manually entered port 42005.

I have had that error a few times, and this usually solves it

Thanks, that fixed it!

I manually shut down the docker service (logged into terminal, and ran "service docker stop"), disabled the plugin in omv gui, restarted the server for good measure. Then I restarted the docker service, manually entered port 42005 in Docker OMV gui (even though it was already set to 42005), turned on the plugin and everything works fine. Hopefully I won't have to do this every time I restart the server.

• Hey guys.

I'm feeling a bit stupid at the moment, for some reason I cannot figure out how to update an image/container from the docker-gui without staring from scratch.

Can someone please point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
    activ

• Just installed docker-gui after finally realizing we had one, if docker is not installed though would we be able to install it with docker-gui plugin install?

I also noticed a few errors on install.

Code
    WARNING: The function 'omv_config_add_element' is deprecated.

And these when I enable it:

• You need to stop container and pull again is the easiest way.

Code
    docker stop container
    docker pull image/image
    • Offizieller Beitrag

WARNING: The function 'omv_config_add_element' is deprecated.

This is a warning not an error. It is fine. The plugin just needs to be updated for the latest OMV changes.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!