new OMV user needs help and/or advice with remoteshare plugin setup.

• hello.
    I am setting up a ProxMox home server for file server and other needs.
    I have a set of drives on the main(Proxmox) host that I would like to use for all my data needs.
    basically I have 3 BTRFS system volumes, on single 2T drive , one single 3T drive and one a raid1 setup on 3 2T drives.
    at the moment I want all 3 of them mounted and shared in OMV as described below but eventially it would become a single share with all the data on it.

my idea is to use an openmediavault VM as front end for data drives to manage and share the space.
    what I am attempting is this:
    an OMV VM with small system drive(virtual drive) that will connect to main host NFS shares using remote share plugin and than all data will be managed by OMV, and than all clients will see only the OMV shares, samba or NFS or both as needed.
    I have the VM setup and I have the NFS shares on host setup (almost all ) of them but,
    I can connect the OMV remote share to the host, and create the samba shares. but I can not mount them fro many client on the network.
    getting either no permission or can not access error.
    does anyone have a sugestion or a good how-to on setting up NFS to be used in OMV the way I describe?

omv 3.0.56 erasmus | 64 bit | 4.7 backport kernel
    SM-SC846(24 bay)| H8DME-2 |2x AMD Opteron Hex Core 2431 @ 2.4Ghz |49GB RAM
    PSU: Silencer 760 Watt ATX Power Supply
    IPMI |3xSAT2-MV8 PCI-X |4 NIC : 2x Realteck + 1 Intel Pro Dual port PCI-e card
    OS on 2×120 SSD in RAID-1 |
    DATA: 3x3T| 4x2T | 2x1T

• well at the moment clients are Linux mint 17.2 PC
    and kodi buntu

in kodi I can connect to main host nfs shares and it is not even ask for password.
    I had reset all permisions on folders and set ownership to nobody/nogroup

but samba shares exposed from OMV will not let me open the folders.
    I can see the shares in file browser but can not access or permission error comes up when I click on it.

omv 3.0.56 erasmus | 64 bit | 4.7 backport kernel
    SM-SC846(24 bay)| H8DME-2 |2x AMD Opteron Hex Core 2431 @ 2.4Ghz |49GB RAM
    PSU: Silencer 760 Watt ATX Power Supply
    IPMI |3xSAT2-MV8 PCI-X |4 NIC : 2x Realteck + 1 Intel Pro Dual port PCI-e card
    OS on 2×120 SSD in RAID-1 |
    DATA: 3x3T| 4x2T | 2x1T

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!