Transmission plugin permissions issue?

• Hi,

I recently installed the above plugin. When I try to load a torrent, I get an error. I read a thread that discusses the debian-transmission group being granted write permissions. Is this group not created by the plugin when it is installed? I could not find it using the group command in a terminal window. Is that all that needs to be done create thus group and change its perms?

Tia

Version: OMV 5.6.26-1 (USUL)

Kernel: 5.10.0-0.bpo.9-amd64

Intel Core(tm) i3-4130 @3.40Ghz

• Offizieller Beitrag

There are several ways,

As for example now in the ACL you can change ownership of folder. So you can define debian-transmission as owner of that folder were torrents are stored. Keep the users group so normal users can access also. Read carefully there don't apply ACL, just change the ownership

Also you can add debian-tranmission to users group with usermod -G users debian-transmission

Don't forget to change the umask in transmission so that others plugins can post process files (couchpotato, sonarr, etc)

• hi subzero79,

So, you're advising to add the group debian-tranmission to the groups users. Yet it does not exist on the system. Is this an error? I mean creating the group would be trivial. I'm just trying to figure why it wasn[t created when it was install. I am looking at my nas right now...
    thanks for your reply.

Version: OMV 5.6.26-1 (USUL)

Kernel: 5.10.0-0.bpo.9-amd64

Intel Core(tm) i3-4130 @3.40Ghz

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!