Some help please - virtualbox won't update to latest version

• Hello.

I've been using OMV for quite some time now without any major problems. I am currently at v2.1.11 with v1.34 of the omv-extras plugin.

A while back I installed virtualbox through there and although I had some minor issues in getting it to work at first then everything was fine. However, I recently realized that there is a newer version than the one I currently have installed (v1.3) but no matter how I try to update (either through the web gui or command) I don't receive the latest version.

Any help would be much appreciated on this.

Many thanks!
    P.

• Offizieller Beitrag

1.3 is the newest version.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• 1.3 is the newest version.

Hey, thanks for replying.

I must be mising something then... The changelog at https://github.com/OpenMediaVa…b/master/debian/changelog reads:

openmediavault-virtualbox (1.4) stable; urgency=low
    * Add vbox user to cdrom group * Update to Virtualbox 5.0
    -- OpenMediaVault Plugin Developers <plugins@omv-extras.org> Thu, 06 Aug 2015 07:40:15 -0500

So I assumed that 1.4 is now the latest version.

I guess I could pose another (similar) question: is it possible at all to update phpvirtualbox on OMV to its current version (5)?

Thanks again for your time and assistance!
    P.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I made the changes on github (v1.4) but there is a big issue moving to virtualbox 5.0... You have to completely uninstall virtualbox 4.3 before installing it. That is why the plugin is not in the repo.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• Offizieller Beitrag

I don't know what to do. This is the way virtualbox has always been with major upgrades. I can't think of a way around it and we don't package virtualbox. So, difficult to fix.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Yep, it works fine in my tests.

wget http://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/5.0.2/virtualbox-5.0_5.0.2-102096~Debian~wheezy_amd64.deb
    wget http://omv-extras.org/testing2/openmediavault-virtualbox_1.4_all.deb
    wget http://omv-extras.org/testing2/virtualbox-extpack-installer_5.0.2_all.deb
    wget http://omv-extras.org/testing2/phpvirtualbox_5.0-1_all.deb

(Don't remember if you have to just remove or purge. Try remove first)
    apt-get remove virtualbox-4.3 openmediavault-virtualbox virtualbox-extpack-installer

dpkg -i virtualbox-extpack-installer_5.0.2_all.deb openmediavault-virtualbox_1.4_all.deb virtualbox-5.0_5.0.2-102096~Debian~wheezy_amd64.deb phpvirtualbox_5.0-1_all.deb

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von ryecoaaron ()

• Offizieller Beitrag

Try:
    rm -f /etc/default/openmediavault-virtualbox /etc/default/virtualbox
    apt-get install --reinstall openmediavault-virtualbox

• I removed everything and these 2 files, then reinstalled and the file /etc/default/openmediavault-virtualbox is missing, so it cannot install openmediavault-virtualbox.

• I ran

Code
    touch /etc/default/openmediavault-virtualbox

And now I can install the packages. But... I cannot access virtualbox frame in webgui : Error logging in to vboxwebsrv.
    Maybe this is because of the empty file in /etc/default.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Nope, I didn't mean dpkg -r. Remove all of the packages (virtualbox, openmediavault-virtualbox, phpvirtualbox, virtualbox-extpack-installer) and delete the two files in /etc/default. Then reinstall using the dpkg commands in my previous post (fixed for missing phpvirtualbox). You can't just create an empty file. The plugin should create it. All of this is why these packages aren't in the repo. Major upgrades are a pain in the ass.

• Finally I got the /etc/default/openmediavault-virtualbox file back by deleting the vbox user and vboxusers group, and removing /tmp/.vbox-vbox-ipc/. After purging the openmediavault packages for Virtualbox 4.3, installed 5.0.2 and testing packages.
    Now everything is ok.

• I followed the thread but I don't get phpvirtualbox working.

Zitat

readyState: "4"
    responseText: "File not found.
    "
    statusText: "Not Found"

any ideas?

I've got two warnings during installation:

Code
    insserv: warning: current start runlevel(s) (empty) of script `vboxinit' overrides LSB defaults (2 3 4 5).
    insserv: warning: current stop runlevel(s) (0 1 2 3 4 5 6) of script `vboxinit' overrides LSB defaults (0 1 6).

OMV 2.1.1 with backport-kernel 3.16
    Antworten/ Answers/ Réponse: deutsch - english - français und/and/et Linux :)

• I did a reboot.

When I click the error message ok button, I get a page with a turning wheel saying "loading"

• Which package gave you these warnings ?
    Did you purge the pevious packages ?

You should run this :
    dpkg --purge php-virtualbox virtualbox-5.0 virtualbox-extpack-installer openmediavault-virtualbox
    then reinstall the downloaded packages :
    dpkg -i virtualbox-5.0 virtualbox-extpack-installer php-virtualbox openmediavault-virtualbox

Then restart your NAS.

• ok, I think I've missed something - now nothing works anymore...
    after downloading I get:

root@my-omv:~# dpkg -i virtualbox-5.0 virtualbox-extpack-installer php-virtualbox openmediavault-virtualbox
    dpkg: Fehler beim Bearbeiten von virtualbox-5.0 (--install):
    Auf das Archiv kann nicht zugegriffen werden: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
    dpkg: Fehler beim Bearbeiten von virtualbox-extpack-installer (--install):
    Auf das Archiv kann nicht zugegriffen werden: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
    dpkg: Fehler beim Bearbeiten von php-virtualbox (--install):
    dpkg: Fehler beim Bearbeiten von openmediavault-virtualbox (--install):
    Fehler traten auf beim Bearbeiten von:
    virtualbox-5.0
    virtualbox-extpack-installer
    php-virtualbox
    openmediavault-virtualbox

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!