Some help please - virtualbox won't update to latest version

• Sorry I didn't wrote the complete command, I thought you knew how dpkg works.
    So, you must write the full file name :
    dpkg -i virtualbox-5.0_5.0.2-102096~Debian~wheezy_amd64.deb virtualbox-extpack-installer_5.0.2_all.deb phpvirtualbox_5.0-1_all.deb openmediavault-virtualbox_1.4_all.deb

• ok, ok :) so installing worked but I'm back for good - nothing changed.

But there was a error in removing virtualbox-5 in the first place and so I guess the fresh install wasn't that fresh. I'll try again later...

------
    It worked. I had to launch the purge command for virtualbox-5.0 twice.
    Thank you!

OMV 2.1.1 with backport-kernel 3.16
    Antworten/ Answers/ Réponse: deutsch - english - français und/and/et Linux :)

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von lebernd ()

• I'm having the same install problem and am getting this error:

Code
    The following packages have unmet dependencies:
     virtualbox-5.0 : Depends: libqt4-network (>= 4:4.5.3) but it is not going to be installed

When I try to install libqt4-network, I get this:

Code
    The following packages have unmet dependencies:
     libqt4-network : Depends: libqtcore4 (= 4:4.8.2+dfsg-11) but 4:4.8.6+git64-g5dc8b2b+dfsg-3~bpo70+1 is to be installed
                      Depends: libqtdbus4 (= 4:4.8.2+dfsg-11) but it is not going to be installed

Any suggestions?

George

• Nice way to help people...

It was already said that this is not recommended to upgrade from testing packages, but for people like me with a windows 10 client, RDP only works with virtualbox 5.
    I successfully upgraded with testing packages and everything works (I'm a linux user for more than 10 years now, I know how to do these things...).

• It should remove virtualbox 4 if you did not. Did you purge all the virtualbox 4 related packages ?
    I don't remember if I had this problem.
    For information, I'm running the 3.16 kernel, and my system si up to date (Debian 7.9) : apt-get update; apt-get dist-upgrade

• It should remove virtualbox 4 if you did not. Did you purge all the virtualbox 4 related packages ?
    I don't remember if I had this problem.
    For information, I'm running the 3.16 kernel, and my system si up to date (Debian 7.9) : apt-get update; apt-get dist-upgrade

Yes, I removed/purged vbox4. I'm on the same versions as you.

I just went through the process again and it worked this time. No idea what I did differently. Very interesting.

George

• Hi out there,

when i followed throughout this procedure, i managed to installed the mentioned packeages. I deleted those two files in /etc/default and touched one back.

After reboot an trying to start vbox-service via omv i get:

What can i do to resolv this problem.
    Does anyone know how long may we have to wait for an updated omv-extra\virtualbox-pack?

regards
    Erik.

Auch das geht vorbei ...

• Hi,

You shouldn't have done this, these two files in /etc/default MUST NOT be deleted they are created at the very first installation of virtualbox.
    As I said, to get them back you have to delete the vbox user and vboxusers group, and remove /tmp/.vbox-vbox-ipc/. Then reinstall virtualbox.

Next time you read a topic, go to the end before doing anything, it will save you time.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Or just use this script

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I took this script and was glad to get a functional and up2date virtualbox.

thnx,
    Erik.

Auch das geht vorbei ...

• I use vb5_install.sh scrip to install virtualbox 5.02 and works fine for several weeks.

some idea a bout update of the plugging so other users can install virtualBox as pluging and not using shell?.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I've mentioned this before but you have to purge virtualbox 4.3 before installing virtualbox 5.0. Allowing updates of the plugin will never do this. So, I don't know how to change the plugin to fix the issue. It would really need to be fixed in the virtualbox 5.0 packages to allow upgrading from 4.3.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• Offizieller Beitrag

That is the motherboard. What CPU is in the motherboard?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!