OMV Config vs FSTAB, FSTAB looses every single time even with external help.

• Hi,
    I have re-installed OMV on the latest Debian.
    When I say i re-installed omv, i mean I created a new virtual disk and installed Debain and OMV. The 4 Data disks (Raid 5) were not touched so the data stays. (Had to re-install because after a dist upgrade on XENSERVER, it broke...)

It has detected my RAID no problem and as attached it.

Zitat

root@OMV:~# cat /proc/mdstat
    Personalities : [raid6] [raid5] [raid4]
    md127 : active raid5 xvdb[0] xvde[2] xvdf[3] xvdc[1]
    5860538880 blocks super 1.2 level 5, 512k chunk, algorithm 2 [4/4] [UUUU]

unused devices: <none>

When I try to mount the volume that was previously created in a previous install, it throws this error.

I run

Zitat

omv-mkconf fstab

but it doesn't help me in any way.
    Here is some background info...

So this is what I try now...

Zitat

cat /etc/openmediavault/config.xml | awk '/<fstab>/,/<\/fstab>/'

and get this...

So i give /etc/fstab a helping hand... Add the entries by hand...

Now the mount works...

But as soon as I create an folder, NFS share and save my config again, look at error message i get and the output of the fstab.

Any clue on what may be going on?
    Why does creating an nfs share erase the entries in the fstab? They remain in the config file though.

• Offizieller Beitrag

You are running OMV on Jessie (Debian 8). This is not supported nor works properly.

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• You are running OMV on Jessie (Debian 8). This is not supported nor works properly.

Very good point! (I know this because I followed this guide... [Guide] Howto install OpenMediaVault on Debian 8.x (Jessie) TESTING - EXPERIMENTAL )
    On the other hand, isn't it a good case to debug for the official supported version on Jessie? If I wanted real support, I would of get Nexenta with a support contract, or i would of atleast installed a supported OS / Software combination. :P
    If debugging this issue is a defiant "faux pas", then we can discard this tread... ||

• Offizieller Beitrag

The support issue isn't really that big of a deal. The fact that many things just don't work is a much larger issue. OMV 2.x is nowhere near ready for jessie. So, debugging is not really needed since changes haven't been made to work on Jessie. Is there a reason you need Jessie?

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• As yoda said to Luke, "you must unlearn what you have learned". OMV will always lag behind the cutting edge. Volker was more concerned with stability for OMV. So don't try to push things on your OMV.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!